What's new

TetherMe not working. Please help?

ZombieTrev

Reaction score
Hi all. I have just bought, downloaded and installed TetherMe from Cydia and have been trying to get itworking for over an hour with no luck.

I have a iPhone 4 on the three network and live in England. The phone is on 5.1.1.

The description in Cydia says that it should be accessable via settings > general > network, but I can not see any new options in there. If I go to the root settings menu and scroll down, it is there instead though. Should it be here and should it work ok from here?

I followed the on-screen instructions and thought I had successfully tethered my ipad but when I tried to load a webpage, I got redirected to...

Three

Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thank you.

Trevor

Did I post this in the wrong place? A LOT of views but not a single reply... Any help really would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

I don't know about your network and stuff but on my phone it added a personal hotspot menu on the settings page.

$image-2481120451.jpg

I just open that and my iPad finds the wifi.

Don't think TetherMe is compatible with your network, or that 3 can tell that you're tethering, so you'll have to call them up to open up that port for you.

Zombie trev i had the exact same problem as you downloaded on my iphone 4s on the three network, tethered on my ipad from my 4s' data. However i went on youtube first and was fine loading couple of videos until i went on safari then that message popped up and had to reboot my phone

Maybe tetherme doesn't work on three network :( might try pdanet see if that works

Is there somthing you have to do in the tetherme settings to make it work properly or can you just use it straight away?