What's new

Syncing iPhone4 with New MAC Laptop

ramnj

Reaction score
Please help.

I have a friend that has an iPhone that was synced once with a Windows laptop about six months ago. He has never updated or plugged it again and has lost the laptop (long story). I convinced him that when he gets another laptop to get a MAC and he just bought a MacBook.

Here goes the problem...the Apple store told him that once he syncs his iPhone with the MAC, he will loose all his data and pictures. He has hundreds of contacts and pictures that he has not backed up and has to start from scratch.

Does it sound right what the Apple store told him?

Thanks for the help.

ramnj said:
Please help.

I have a friend that has an iPhone that was synced once with a Windows laptop about six months ago. He has never updated or plugged it again and has lost the laptop (long story). I convinced him that when he gets another laptop to get a MAC and he just bought a MacBook.

Here goes the problem...the Apple store told him that once he syncs his iPhone with the MAC, he will loose all his data and pictures. He has hundreds of contacts and pictures that he has not backed up and has to start from scratch.

Does it sound right what the Apple store told him?

Thanks for the help.

I would tell your friend to look into a third party app that will allow him to backup his pictures. As far as the data just authorize the new pc and back up.

I would tell your friend to look into a third party app that will allow him to backup his pictures. As far as the data just authorize the new pc and back up.

Can you recommend an app?

And will he loose the pictures in his iPhone once he plugs it into the MacBook?

I will...thanks for your help.

I personally use PhoneView it lets you access anything on your phone. Check it out. And no he won't loose any pictures if he plugs his phone into a Mac. Tell him to just open iPhoto on his Mac and back up all his images to it.

Last edited by a moderator: