What's new

how do I back up to different pc and change calendar from being linked to googaccount

Mak

Reaction score
Hi, can someone please help? I'm new to computers and my ex sync my i phone 4 to his Mac. I now want to upgrade and store my info on my pc with windows 7.but don't know Howe to, he also has I tunes linked to his mac too!
Also he's linked my calendar to a google mail account that I don't know the password to and I don't know how to stop him viewing my info. He's very controlling and font want him reading my calendar or notes.
Thanks Mak

For Gmail, Google etc. simple. Change the password. You're going to have to get to his computer to deauthorize it. If you absolutely can't or don't want to do that then try contacting Apple. Authorize your current computer when you launch iTunes.

Hi Thanks Hookbill , I can't change the google password as its his account he's linked me too and I don't know the password . He's linked my calendar so I can't put anything in it without him knowing! I don't want to loose all my contacts when I change phones either! Thanks for replying .

Ok. I have never tried this, but it might work (in theory).

1) Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendars -> Click on the Google account -> Turn off Contacts and Calendars.

It should ask you if you want to delete the items from the iPhone, select NO.

2) Create a new iCloud account.
3) It should, in theory, move all your contacts and calendar entries over the new iCloud account.
4) Go to www.icloud.com from a PC. Log in and look to see if the contacts and calendar info is there. If it is, it worked.
5) If it worked delete the Google Account.

Hi again just tried , when I click on google account it just says my ex's name and blocked out password for calidav but won't let me do anymore other than delete account. He's tied me up in knots here!

OH you have the new CALDAV account in place. I haven't tested anything with that. Give me a bit to play with it. Because all my knowledge is on the older "Exchange" and "Gmail" ways.

Have tried every trick in the book I can think of and I can't find away around your issue. Sorry. Hopefully someone smarter than me will come up with an answer.

ROFLOL. Skull, nobody is smarter then you in this forum.

You are way too kind sir. But I already know for every one of me there are 100s of kids out there that are way smarter. They simply haven't chimed in yet.

You are way too kind sir. But I already know for every one of me there are 100s of kids out there that are way smarter. They simply haven't chimed in yet.

Thank you for trying to help. I have promised my phone to my son for Christmas so ill battle on. My ex controlled me for years and still is but we will work this out eventually . Thanks again.