What's new

Transferring Itunes backups to Icloud

Aussieswag

Reaction score
Hi
I'm new here and hope I'm doing this right.
I have been backing up and syncing my iphone through itunes on my Windows 7 PC. Now I want to change over to backing up and syncing with icloud.
I have an icloud account and it is set up on pc and iphone and I have everything set up except my info - Contacts Calendars. However I dont want to duplicate anything in changing over. At the moment my contacts and calendar are in sync on iphone and pc, and when I log in to icloud.com, contacts and calendars are empty as I'm only using find my phone and photo stream.
Is there a sequence in which to do this? Can I go to settings / icloud on iphone and turn mail and contacts on along with backup, then go to icloud panel on pc and also turn on mail and contacts (outlook), then in itunes change the backup there from Backup to my PC to Backup to Icloud. Also stop the sync of everything in the info tab before I sync other photos and books etc.
Sorry this is long winded, but when I first got the phone I must have synced both icloud and itunes and had duplicate contact and calendar entries on the phone and pc and it took ages to set things right
Thanks for any help

I will have one of my team or an experience user with iCloud answer this ok please Waite a few hours until USA wakes up usually around 2 am our time Australia

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Col.bris said:
I will have one of my team or an experience user with iCloud answer this ok please Waite a few hours until USA wakes up usually around 2 am our time Australia

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Thank you - quite happy to wait