What's new

Sync video to photo library.

Tweaker.ET

Reaction score
Ok so usually I can just google an issue and find a fix. But this is something that I can't figure out on my own lol. I'm trying to put little videos that I took with my phone back onto the Photo library.

I know that there's a checkbox that allows me to add movies when selecting what videos to sync. Any time I try to add a movie that way iTunes just freezes.

I tried it on: my iPhone 4, iPad 2, iPod touch 4'th gen, and even the wifes 3GS. I have windows vista 32 bit. I even tried reinstalling iTunes.

Another thing that I tried with negative results was deleting the iPod photo cache.

I tried to include all the details. Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Oh yeah forgot to mention that I can get them back on the phone via the movie way. But what If I want to try iMovie or some other video editing software? Or just email the movie from my phone?

You might want to try it on different computer if you have that facility, another thing you can do is to download and install "Stash Pro" from the Apps store, after you connect your iPhone to your computer open up iTunes and in the apps tab, scroll down down and you will see the file sharing section, there you will see Stash Pro app amount the sharing apps, here is a picture:
7b79798e-db71-6c3a.jpg
high light Stash Pro and drag an drop your video in the StP documents window. Once iTunes finish copying the video into Stash Pro app, open up Stash Pro app on your iPhone, there you will see options what to do with the video when you tap on it, amount those options is "export to camera roll" here I attach some screenshots about stash pro for you
After you copy the video to stash pro via iTunes you will find it here:
7b79798e-d82d-725a.jpg

You tap on video and it takes you here:
7b79798e-d84d-ff88.jpg

Then you follow this picture:
7b79798e-d8c4-1574.jpg
7b79798e-d8cf-c3aa.jpg
7b79798e-d973-f215.jpg
7b79798e-d985-0619.jpg
7b79798e-d993-936a.jpg

Now you have your video in camera roll again, you can delete the one in stash pro to make space on your disc otherwise you will have the same video at 2 different places in your iPhone.

Oh yeah forgot to mention that I can get them back on the phone via the movie way. But what If I want to try iMovie or some other video editing software? Or just email the movie from my phone?

You can send a movie via email by going to the photo album, the tap on the video to share and then select email. However the iOS will resize your video in quality and length.

bab2010 said:
You might want to try it on different computer if you have that facility, another thing you can do is to download and install "Stash Pro" from the Apps store, after you connect your iPhone to your computer open up iTunes and in the apps tab, scroll down down and you will see the file sharing section, there you will see Stash Pro app amount the sharing apps, here is a picture: high light Stash Pro and drag an drop your video in the StP documents window. Once iTunes finish copying the video into Stash Pro app, open up Stash Pro app on your iPhone, there you will see options what to do with the video when you tap on it, amount those options is "export to camera roll" here I attach some screenshots about stash pro for you
After you copy the video to stash pro via iTunes you will find it here:

You tap on video and it takes you here:

Then you follow this picture:
Now you have your video in camera roll again, you can delete the one in stash pro to make space on your disc otherwise you will have the same video at 2 different places in your iPhone.

Awesome directions. Trying it right now!

Yeah try that. Stash pro has a free version and a paid version, I'm using the paid version, so I can't tell for sure if the free version comes with these features but try to find out.

Nice tutorial bab, but couldn't you find some bigger red arrows? I can barely see them! :)

Just kidding. Thanks for the info too.

Nice tutorial bab, but couldn't you find some bigger red arrows? I can barely see them! :)

Just kidding. Thanks for the info too.

:) ok I will make it more bigger next time, I promise.

Tweaker.ET said:
Awesome directions. Trying it right now!

It worked great! Nice directions! Can't thank you enough!

bab2010 said:
Yeah try that. Stash pro has a free version and a paid version, I'm using the paid version, so I can't tell for sure if the free version comes with these features but try to find out.

Sorry lol I just bought the paid one. The free one has a limit of 20 images/movies.

bab2010 said:

Sorry lol I just bought the paid one. The free one has a limit of 20 images/movies.

Ah ok, I didn't know about that limitation on the free version. But it's good that you got the paid one. You can do a lot of things with stash pro also, it's part of my favorite docs&multimedia apps. Enjoy it.