What's new

Sync session failed

summar

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me. I tried to sync my phone to iTunes on pc and get the error message "could not be synced because the sync session failed to finish" even before getting this mess when I could sync I have the option checked sync only checked songs and videos but it never puts the checked songs onto phone. Also I have checked sync apps but they to never change or go on there even though it shows the capacity changing. Does anyone know what I. Can do? Please help! Thanks.

A hard reset or a restore would be the best way forward.

summar said:
Hoping someone can help me. I tried to sync my phone to iTunes on pc and get the error message "could not be synced because the sync session failed to finish" even before getting this mess when I could sync I have the option checked sync only checked songs and videos but it never puts the checked songs onto phone. Also I have checked sync apps but they to never change or go on there even though it shows the capacity changing. Does anyone know what I. Can do? Please help! Thanks.

In iTunes in the top left corner, click "Help" then click "Run Diagnostics". Follow instruction.

Make sure your phone is plugged in.

9 times out of 10, this will fix this issue, a lot better to run sun diagnostics before restoring your phone, when syncing related problems arise.

zig9449 said:
In iTunes in the top left corner, click "Help" then click "Run Diagnostics". Follow instruction.

Make sure your phone is plugged in.

9 times out of 10, this will fix this issue, a lot better to run sun diagnostics before restoring your phone, when syncing related problems arise.

Thank you so much I will run the diagnostic first thing tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

summar said:
Thank you so much I will run the diagnostic first thing tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Cool;)

I will post results either way. So that If someone with the same problem can hopefully find a solution.

I am facing the same problem with my iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1 and iTunes 10.6.0.40 on Windows 7. I did the "run diagnostic" procedure and no errors were found. I tried deleting the "backup folder" from iTunes, reseting the Sync History, deleting the Lockdown folder, changing the cable, restarting iTunes, restarting the computer and finally restarting the iPhone and closing all the open Apps and nothing works.

I just can't sync my iPhone, even if it is physically present on iTunes. The same message keeps on showing up if I try to sync it: The iPhone XXX could not be synced because the sync session failed to finish. This message comes up when I try, for example, to "Transfer Purchases" from the iPhone or if I simply try to Sync the iPhone.

Please, somebody help me!