What's new

Need to hide photos and videos

churcr

Reaction score
I have an Iphone 4 through Verizon running 6.0.1. I have many pictures and vidoes on my phone, some of which I wish to share with friends and co-workers. I also have pictures and videos that I want hidden from most prying eyes. I have tried numerous methods of doing this, the most successfull was Lockdown Pro which I had when my phone was Jailbroken. That's gone now that I have upgraded to 6.0.1 and I'd really rather not jailbreak anyway. Even Lockdown Pro didn't fix the problem. It did allow me to lock my pictures and videos folders but once unlocked, all files were available for all to see.

I've looked into several non-cydia apps and have found 2 that are usable but don't solve all of my problems. I tried KeepSafe which offers good protection but is limited to photos only. I've also tried Private Photo Vault Pro which was supposed to manage both pictures and videos. But this uses a fake work-around for videos. It doesn't actually import videos unless you put them inside the pictures location in ITunes.

Also, both apps require you to import your photos/vidoes into the app and them remove them from the default Iphone folders. Doing this makes it impossible to keep the photos and videos synced with my PC in Itunes.

Is there any solution available for this, jailbroken or not? I'm quite busy with work and am not really interested in spending a lot of time learning about jailbreaking or doing extreme tweaks to my IPhone. I just want to be able to hide certain pictures and vidoes from prying eyes.

Pictures: I just use IrfanView on a PC to make a passworded PDF file of them, and then just sync that single PDF to my iPhone. Can't view the pics without the password, and if my iPhone gets lost, nobody can access them either by browsing the file system.

For pictures and videos, I use File Locker Pro Suite in securing those files. It will put the lock files on a vault. It support to hide notes on your iPhone but I don't prefer using it. My Bank details are there and that's the app what i'm looking for now. I need to secure it separately.

Ow i forgot i'm using iPhone 4S don't know if it's compatible on your unit but you could try.

Thanks for the advice. I will look at both programs and see how they work for my needs.