What's new

Swipe

xrayeyes

Reaction score
I've had the new iPhone 12 for two months now. Previously had the iPhone 8. Can I say how much I hate the swipe from the bottom? I miss my home button. I know I've been told I'll get used to it, but how long will it take? :(

Data_Daedalus

Reaction score
I have to admit that for me, the swipe from the bottom of the screen was initially difficult to get to grips with - then, interestingly, I got used to it and now it’s just natural.

I still have an iPad mini 4 with the original home button and also a relatively unmolested series 1 iPhone SE 128GB which I use exclusively for Navigation in my vehicle.

It’s actually faster and easier to get into my iPhone 12 Pro Max - even in complete darkness!!! The facial recognition technology is light years ahead of anything else that I’ve experienced.

I believe you may have well gotten used to the swiping already - considering how long ago you posted originally

dmoskaluk

Reaction score
I still have my old(er) 7Plus as a spare and have my 8Plus set up as new as its tentatively sold. When working with either of them it was a lesson in 'muscle memory' as after 2 days with my 12, I was clumsy and 'drew a blank' several times on the older design when I tried to swipe up and either got nothing, or the control centre

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still have my old(er) 7Plus as a spare and have my 8Plus set up as new as its tentatively sold. When working with either of them it was a lesson in 'muscle memory' as after 2 days with my 12, I was clumsy and 'drew a blank' several times on the older design when I tried to swipe up and either got nothing, or the control centre
I’ve done the same thing with my old iPhone 5s.

Most reactions