What's new

Swipe

xrayeyes

Reaction score
I've had the new iPhone 12 for two months now. Previously had the iPhone 8. Can I say how much I hate the swipe from the bottom? I miss my home button. I know I've been told I'll get used to it, but how long will it take? :(

I have to admit that for me, the swipe from the bottom of the screen was initially difficult to get to grips with - then, interestingly, I got used to it and now it’s just natural.

I still have an iPad mini 4 with the original home button and also a relatively unmolested series 1 iPhone SE 128GB which I use exclusively for Navigation in my vehicle.

It’s actually faster and easier to get into my iPhone 12 Pro Max - even in complete darkness!!! The facial recognition technology is light years ahead of anything else that I’ve experienced.

I believe you may have well gotten used to the swiping already - considering how long ago you posted originally [emoji4][emoji106]

I still have my old(er) 7Plus as a spare and have my 8Plus set up as new as its tentatively sold. When working with either of them it was a lesson in 'muscle memory' as after 2 days with my 12, I was clumsy and 'drew a blank' several times on the older design when I tried to swipe up and either got nothing, or the control centre

I still have my old(er) 7Plus as a spare and have my 8Plus set up as new as its tentatively sold. When working with either of them it was a lesson in 'muscle memory' as after 2 days with my 12, I was clumsy and 'drew a blank' several times on the older design when I tried to swipe up and either got nothing, or the control centre
I’ve done the same thing with my old iPhone 5s.

I’ve done the same thing with my old iPhone 5s.

I don't realize that the 'old touch skill' would evaporate & be replaced by the new swipe technique as fast as it did. Really more 'hours than days'...[emoji117][emoji1429]