What's new

Spoofed MAC address and screwed up

scastro9

Reaction score
I recently spoofed my MAC address but I've previously done it, I wanted to change it so I could get iMessage back and working again. Instead, the phone shut down and it asked me to connect to iTunes and so I did that. Then my iPhone read on iTunes and it told me that I had to delete it, I really didn't have a choice. I was okay with deleting it, didn't have much on it. So it gave me the same drill, "Hello" and I swiped and picked my country and once again it gave me the logo with iTunes. I connected it and it read but I got the error "0xE8000004". I've tried downgrading but it tells me that the requested build is ineligible. I've tried the DFU ipsw as well. I'm out of choices and out of patiences. Thanks!

Is your device jailbroken? I'm reading that the only way to spoof a MAC address on an iPhone is if it's jailbroken. I know somewhere between zero and nothing about jailbreaking, but seem to have read on this forum that resetting a jailbroken iPhone through iTunes is a seriously bad idea.

You might want to ask the question in the Hacking section giving more details of your phone, and some history. You might find some useful info in the sticky threads in that section too.

Last edited:
Is your device jailbroken? I'm reading that the only way to spoof a MAC address on an iPhone is if it's jailbroken. I know somewhere between zero and nothing about jailbreaking, but seem to have read on this forum that resetting a jailbroken iPhone through iTunes is a seriously bad idea.

You might want to ask the question in the Hacking section giving more details of your phone, and some history. You might find some useful info in the sticky threads in that section too.

Thanks I will!

I've just deleted the second thread you started about this same problem. Our rules allow only one thread per topic as having multiple threads on the same topic can confuse the issue, making it hard to follow as well as being against our rules.