What's new

stuck in recovery loop

newbie jmc

Reaction score
hi there, i am new to the iphone. i had a jailbroken 3gs running 6.1.2 new br and 06.15 bb, but was saying no service, i locally restored to 6.0 coz no internet at home and now its stuck in recovery loop. and itunes does not ask to restore is that because there's no connection?if i recover online through itunes will i get the new ios installed or will i be able to choose what to install? plz help completely lost thanx

hi thank you for your interest. i got the phone with 6.1.2 loaded. but it was stuck on the activation screen, i jailbroke it with redsn0w all was fine except no service. the baseband was 06.15 already then. thanx for your help

Is the SIM you're using the same as the carrier the device is on

Sent from my iPad via Tapatalk

no i don't know to which carrier its lock to, any my main issue is that its stuck on recovery screen and i dont have internet to restore. :-(

Does iTunes even see your phone? Try DFU mode. Did you have any apps from Cydia that may have denied iTunes access to your phone? That happened to me. I had the "stride" app with a tethered jb and iTunes couldn't access my phone. It bricked my iPod.

Also, I highly recommend not giving away your IMEI. Unless you really trust someone, don't give them your IMEI. Malicious things can be done. Also, if you do decide to give it away, send it in a private message, not where everyone can see it.