What's new

Stuck in recovery mode loop !!!

Jones2020

Reaction score
Can please someone help me ?

I tried to downgrade from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 and I don't know what went wrong and I got stuck in a recovery mode loop !! The first sollution wont work, it puts me back right into the loop and fixrecovery43 also

Pleasee help !!

I used this tutorial

Last edited by a moderator:
SHSH is a key that you had to have saved while 4.3.3 was still being signed, you need it in order to trick iTunes into letting you downgrade your firmware. If you didn't save it while it was being signed then it's too late to get it now and you will not be able to downgrade.

Damnit ! Will my pictures en numbers be lost ? Btw, where do I find this SHSH ?

Itunes wont even work properly.

You need to save the SHSH with TinyUmbrella, it's too late to save it for any 4.x firmwares though, only iOS5 is being signed right now. As long as you created a backup with iTunes you can restore from backup to get back all your pictures, contacts, etc.

Godammit I didn't !!!! ffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Wait I still followed the tutorial, but im stuck with error 3194 ...

Like I said, you can't downgrade without SHSH, that is why you are getting 3194, that means that the firmware didn't pass Apple's verification servers.

Why didn't the tutorial tell me that in the first place, godammit.....

Why didn't the tutorial tell me that in the first place, godammit.....

Because a site like limera1n.cc is not to be trusted. Their tutorials are awful. Do your research on a site that can be trusted, such as this one! Those are guys who still maintain you can downgrade without blobs!

If you don't have SHSH Blobs saved you are going to have to restore to stock firmware to get your device working again. Follow this guide:

1) make sure iTunes is on the latest 10.5 version
2) Open TinyUmbrella, switch to the Advanced tab, UNTICK the item "Set Hosts to Cydia on Exit", and close TinyUmbrella - This will guarantee you are pointing back at Apple.
3) Connect your phone to your PC and get it into DFU mode. Follow our guide here - http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-jailbreaking-17/dfu-mode-dummies-16020/
4) Open iTunes, it will recognise the device in recovery mode, then press the restore button.

That should get you back to a working stock phone.

Last edited:
Thanks busy doing it, it's a bummer that I lost all my data tho... I was really stupid on this one, no one to blame but myself.

Happens to the best of us Jones, like f4780y said, you should come to a trusted site like this forum for your information. The owners of limera1n.cc and other blogs will post anything even without testing it, many times they will post information that is 100% false, they don't care. They only care about capitalizing on the limera1n name and making money off advertisements.