What's new

Still no Flash Player or Java Downloads on iPhone 5

Myron

Reaction score
I love my iPhone 3Gs but for the fact that it won't download videos using Flash nor will it download Java. As a result, I'm unable to view many important features. I believe the problem is that Apple refuses to pay to use these features so we consumers must suffer. I understand that the Android phones download everything? Is this true? Now, to view a Flash video or 1 requiring Java, I must use my laptop. I also wish that the iPhone 5 had a slot to increase memory by inserting a memory card, but that would never happen. My phone is a marvel already but all these new improvements are just cosmetics. When a newer version has a Flash Player and downloads Java, then we will all buy the latest version.

You can download browser apps from the app store to play flash videos on line, you have skyfire browser, atomic browser and many other browser capable of playing flash videos.

have you ever used flash on a mobile device? its extremely poor at its very best even on the newest of devices.

Flash is a joke. And I can't wait for it to die the death it has deserved for over 5 years. AOL didn't even bother to stick around this long after it was made useless.

Flash is a joke. And I can't wait for it to die the death it has deserved for over 5 years. AOL didn't even bother to stick around this long after it was made useless.

Couldn't agree more. Flash is a joke. My brand new iMac with Core i5, 12GB of RAM has a hard time with Flash of any kind. CPU usage skyrockets, so you can bet if I were running off battery it would be draining fast. Apple did the right thing not installing flash (by default) but it would be nice if they gave the consumer a choice.

You mention problems viewing Flash Videos as well as using Java downloads. I agree they have problems but so do QuickTime videos. Many of my favorite QuickTime videos are corrupted and the videos suddenly stop in the middle and the videos cannot be viewed in their entirety. This occurs not only on my iPhone but on my laptop and PC as well. Which system does You Tube use? I've never had problems viewing a You Tube video. They never freeze or stop in the middle.