What's new

Flash sites with the iPhone

Tricon7

Reaction score
I know that the iPhone doesn't recognize Flash, and I read that the app Skyfire is a browser-like program that supposedly integrates Flash capability, enabling users to see Flash-made graphics. However, using Skyfire I surfed to a site that has Flash video, and after clicking one of the video links, the video screen was just blank and said "You must download Flash to view this video," which of course I can't download on the iPhone. Was I mistaken about Skyfire? Is there an alternative? I might mention that these videos aren't Youtube-related.

This site has embedded video inside it - I don't have a specific URL just for the video, so I don't think this link is going to help me.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. There doesn't seem to be any video footage in the link I posted. The link is to another thread here on iPhone forums.

Apple doesn't support Flash because it sidesteps their App store business model. I've tried workarounds like SkyFire but have not been able to get them to work. Swiffy is for content creators, it's not an end user solution. I used to get peeved when Flipboard on iPad would pull up a site with Flash content I couldn't see. I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and can now see the all of the web... but really miss Flipboard :( hope it shows up on Android soon. I've resigned myself to not being able to view Flash on my iPhone but for now I figure the screen is so small I'm better off using the Galaxy Tab for that anyway.

I know that the iPhone doesn't recognize Flash, and I read that the app Skyfire is a browser-like program that supposedly integrates Flash capability, enabling users to see Flash-made graphics. However, using Skyfire I surfed to a site that has Flash video, and after clicking one of the video links, the video screen was just blank and said "You must download Flash to view this video," which of course I can't download on the iPhone. Was I mistaken about Skyfire? Is there an alternative? I might mention that these videos aren't Youtube-related.
Maybe flash got updated and so the iphone apps which help to view flash videos also have to be uptodate to be able to play the latest flash.

Maybe flash got updated and so the iphone apps which help to view flash videos also have to be uptodate to be able to play the latest flash.

The iPhone currently still doesn't recognize Flash. The site in question has its own videos which one can click a link to view, and it always insists I download the latest Flash player in order to view. Can't do that with the iPhone - even using Skyfire instead of Google.

FYI, the site in question is here, with videos listed on the left side.
[ itTV - International Table Tennis Federation ]

what site is it? give me the link i will try it out with my skyfire or atomic browser.