What's new

iPhone limitations

Myron

Reaction score
Firstly, I love my iPhone 3Gs to death; I could not survive without it. That said. I find many limitations which Apple still hasn't addressed. I foolishly purchased the 8 GB model thinking it had enough memory. Apple shrewdly doesn't allow for the insertion of memory cards so I am stuck after reaching my memory-limit. Batteries cannot be replaced by the owner but so far, this is not a problem. What is a problem is that the phone's screen cannot be viewed at the beach or park, unless shaded. Why no bright OLED screen? Other manufacturers are using them already. Another bad problem for me is that I can't view Flash videos nor can I load any Java into my phone. They probably sell apps but my phone has reached the memory-limit. The screen size could also be enlarged a bit as the htc screens are bigger and clearer.

Firstly, I love my iPhone 3Gs to death; I could not survive without it. That said. I find many limitations which Apple still hasn't addressed. I foolishly purchased the 8 GB model thinking it had enough memory. Apple shrewdly doesn't allow for the insertion of memory cards so I am stuck after reaching my memory-limit. Batteries cannot be replaced by the owner but so far, this is not a problem. What is a problem is that the phone's screen cannot be viewed at the beach or park, unless shaded. Why no bright OLED screen? Other manufacturers are using them already. Another bad problem for me is that I can't view Flash videos nor can I load any Java into my phone. They probably sell apps but my phone has reached the memory-limit. The screen size could also be enlarged a bit as the htc screens are bigger and clearer.
All the points you've made above are valid arguments towards the 8GB iPhone 3GS' limitations. However, they are in no way indiscretions on Apple's part.

All the points you've made above are valid arguments towards the 8GB iPhone 3GS' limitations. However, they are in no way indiscretions on Apple's part.

Agreed, all valid points but I think Apple has a reason for all the above. Firstly, while flash may be used by many sites today it is outdated and there are better ways of accomplishing the same things now (HTML 5). Also, as a former droider I have experience with flash enabled on mobile phones. My last phone was the HTC Evo 3d and even being a power house that it was (dual 1.2ghz and 1gb ram) it with out a doubt SUCKED when flash was enabled. Web browsing became laggy and glitchy. For the last couple months I had the phone I had it turned off and never thought about turning it on even to view a website with lots of flash content. Also, your point of the screen on the 3GS is valid when compared to other devices on the market today. However, comparing my evo 3ds screen to my current 4s isnt even close. While the evo is a bigger screen it is no where near as clear as the 4s 326ppi. Bigger screen size though? We will have to wait for the iPhone 5

Last edited: