What's new

IPhone 4 vs. htc Inspire

Myron

Reaction score
I was thrilled with my iPhone until I played with with the new htc Inspire at the AT&T Store. I never heard of htc. Do they make reliable phones? The screen is awesome (4.4" vs. iPhone's 3.5". It even has Flash Memory, an 8 MP camera, dual mikes, and importantly, a Micro SD card slot to increase memory. The display, however, has less pixels but the cost is much lower. I don't know if the battery can be replaced manually by the owner or if it must be sent-in like the iPhone. Any comments about this phone?

First of all, it's a behemoth! Second, it's not nearly as smooth and it's much slower than the iPhone 4. Also, not nearly the amount of Apps available (if that’s your thing). I started out with the Inspire and returned it for the iPHone 4 mainly due to poor picture quality in low-light conditions. My wife and I both got the Inspire the same day; she kept hers and likes it okay. Since returning mine, I have messed around with hers and wouldn't have it! It IS half price to the iPhone with a two year agreement though.

That said, I am not impressed with the iPhone either, to me, it is nothing more than an $800.00 App holder! I miss my BlackBerry! There are so many more tools with the BlackBerry. For a “toy”, I think I may get an iTouch but for a phone it’s BlackBerry! After talking to an associate on the phone with Apple Care about features on the iPhone (or the lack thereof), she informed me that the iPhone is "streamlined" to make the device faster and smaller, for instance, if they'd added the ability to rename images, it would have taken up precious space. Really? My old BB 8310 is tiny and light compared to iP4 and does twice as much (less the Apps).

In fact, I plan on returning this iPhone and the Inspire and waiting until my son's contract is up in July and going to Verizon and getting another BlackBerry. By the way, I also tried the BlackBerry Torch, which I liked okay, other than having to constantly slide it open and close it. Why am I switching to Verizon? Currently, AT&T only offers the BB Torch and a cheap BB with no camera flash; I have to have the flash for emailing pics for work. My old BB 8310 takes WAY better pics than the iP4! Features I miss with BB— Password Keeper, picture quality, “normal” ring tones, keyboard, the ability to keep items in the Memo Pad alphabetically, insurance, cost factor, battery life, and several more. I will miss the iPhone for doodling around and the smoothness. Forget the prestige factor; don’t need that, I need a tool that will actually help me with WORK!

As for the issue at hand, the iPhone is way better than the HTC Inspire, probably twice as good but, the price is twice as much too.

I've owned BlackBerry's (Storm &Curve), I liked them both but... better than iPhone? Not really. BB's are good for email and I liked BB messenger but that's where it ends. There isn't even a comparison between the 2. If you like your CrackedBerry than I'd definitely switch back to Verizon.

I have the HTC Inspire and the battery comes out the side. It is a lot better I think.

I have the HTC inspire and I don't think a comparison of Apple for us, both are good devices but the Htc inspire battery drains way too fast compared to the iPhone 4S even with the so-called battery problems the iPhone 4S is still a lot better battery life then inspired ,inspire takes crappy pictures and it's very buggy . You can root android but it's still not as fluid as iPhone , android does do something's better but over all not worth what it doesn't do right. Also inspire is most likely out dated in android world. As soon as you buy a android phone a new one out dates it two days later . Also has a nexus one great phone but no more support for it.

Although these two phones with awesome connectivity options than the HTC INSPIRE 4G in iPhone 4S the forefront. The iPhone 4S first smart phone can switch between GSM and CDMA, to improve call quality. It has a dual antenna system can be used as the world's mobile phones. It can be used anywhere in the world, regardless of whether it is GSM or CDMA customers. HTC INSPIRE 4G only supports the GSM.

Is the inspire the one with the free beat by dre headphones and thr beats music player built in? If so then this would be the only thing that would sell me onit.. Not enough to ditch my iphone for though :p

when I had my iPhone 4 b4 I got the 4S I was going between the inspire and 4. I got the 4 and my friend got the inspire. the inspire is not even on the same level as the iPhone. the inspire has a bigger screen but the resolution is very poor. it is also very slow, the camera is not good, and it feels very very cheap and plasticky. iOS is also a much better operating system. If your set on android though the Samsung Infuse is/Was free at bestbuy and is a much, much better phone. My friend has also switched out of his inspire to the iPhone 4 after he saw mine but now he has the galaxy s2

I phone, u can buy any song for 1.29 and some for 0.69 and download any app you want. There’s soooo much to do on the I phone. Before u buy look at them u might have a different option.