What's new

Starting fresh with iTunes

Okay, I am afraid of iTunes because of past experiences with it. Everytime I plug my iPhone into my computer, my old apps that were loaded into iTunes merge with my apps on my NEW iPhone, taking everything out of their folders, and making my phone a mess.

Here is what I want to do:
I want to start fresh with iTunes, like a clear slate. I want nothing in iTunes, and I want to plug my phone in and back everything into iTunes the way it is.

How should I do this? I'm a very techy person, but this is one thing I am having a problem with.

Do I just uninstall iTunes and re-install it? Or is their an easier way?

When you connect your phone, immediately cancel the sync, or just set it to not automatically sync. Then when the phone is connected, go to the apps section under your device, and uncheck all of the ones you don't want synced. Simple as that :)

bbrks said:
Thaks for that, I guess it is much more simple to use than Itunes, is that right?

It depends. It's not a music manager like itunes is. Its a file manager, that can also install apps. But cannot easily be used to put music in your ipod library. You need itunes or another manager specifically made for music. I-FunBox does "everything else". Edit files, change UI images, install deb files, install unsigned ipa's (apps they may or may not be from the app store), store files, even entire programs, basically allowing you to use your device as a USB flash drive. It just depends what you want to do.

There isn't a button to click on for every single action you may want to perform. You have to get to know the basics of the iPhone file system.

Maybe you should check out a tool called iTools as well. Make sure to get the English version. It's made by Chinese developers.

Well, actually, since I am a seek audiophile, mp3 is forbidden by default, well just maybe Tunein radio for the road, so I need it just for storing apps, photos and similar. So I guess it will do the job nicely.
Anyway, thank you very much for your answer and suggestion. I'll look into iTools as well.

wow tks for posting about this coz i thought i was the ONLY one with this problem for i am new to itunes... but even when i already selected the option and asked itunes not to synch with my iphone automatically, i think it still does that once in awhile... i don't get itunes either... it's very confusing and irritating to me!