What's new

Start afresh with a new iphone

Andyjhc

Reaction score
I get a new iphone next week and I want to start afresh (apart from my phone number), mainly I see it as an opportunity to start with a clean slate and clean up apps, contacts, chats etc.

How can I do this please and avoid syncing with any legacy information when I plug into iTunes? I don't want anything importing over.

I assume all old content is kept in iTunes and/or icloud so I'd appreciate understanding how I can delete it all or avoid linking with it.

Anything important I have such as photos and videos are backed up, I don't buy apps so nothing there I need to keep.

Thanks in advance for any help

When you get a new phone, part way through the set-up you will be asked whether you want to set it up as new.

Use Google to find out where the iTunes backup file for your current phone is located then cut and paste it to another location. After setting up the new phone how you want it you can backup/sync it to iTunes and you’ll have saved your “Fresh Start”

Yes, as Caroline stated you can set up the phone as new. The main issue you may want to keep in mind is your contacts. It’s no fun renentering those by hand. Save and sync them through iCloud or another email client. Also take a pic of important settings on your old phone so you can set your new one up similar. Email, general settings, etc.