What's new

I hate i tunes,have always hated i tunes,will forever hate itunes. Possible answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedex

Reaction score
Hi. New guy.. I have hated apple with a passion ever since it existed. Reason..Itunes. I made an oath to never own an apple product. Reason..Itunes.
So here i am with an iphone 5. It is out of pure desperation to own a good phone even though Itunes exists on it. I figure if i can get over the hatred of itunes or just ignore it. I can use an apple product. So i am using it and it does work well, except for Itunes which is complete garbage.
So my question.
I have a pc with a music folder on it. In this folder i have all my favorite songs. I just want to import this music folder onto my iphone. So i plug in my iphone. Itunes comes up in its full glory. It grabs every song known to man on my computer and puts it into a giant cluster moderator edit file of all the artists,genres,albums. All i want is the 1 folder with the songs i want to hear. Not every song on my computer. So Itunes does not even recognise this folder that i have named (camping tunes). I cant find it in Itunes. No way, no how. I just want this one measly file with 200 songs on it, on my phone so i can have some camping tunes. Is that too much to ask?
Thanks for any info.

Ps.. other than Itunes. I like the phone. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there and welcome to the forum!

We understand your frustration about iTunes, however, no need to use profanity when posting. We are a family forum-so please accept our Forum Rules.

Thanks!
Ski~
IPF Staff

Select the songs you want and drag them into your iTunes library if you want to listen to them on iTunes. It's the same thing as routing iTunes to the folder minus the headache of routing it and getting iTunes to see the folder. An alternative to the whole syncing of your library to iTunes is to Manually Manage Music by plugging your device into your computer, open up your device's profile on the left hand taskbar, scroll down, and tick the bottom most option that says to allow manual management of music and such.

Another way is to download HypedMusic from the app store,with that you can play and download music for free and it doesn't go to iTunes.....not sure if there are the songs you like but so far i have found every song i typed in.

Last edited:
Manually managing music is way better IMO.

I hate the Automatic sync crap too. iTunes insists on loading your device if you don't manually manage songs. :/

I hear ya, Zed.... Join the club. Apparently Apple couldn't care less. Oh well....

Just download Sound Cloud...
Its the best app... I don't remember the last time i used iTunes to import music...
And you can't just hate iTunes for your own lack of knowledge... There's a option on it to import music manually...
You just need to give it some time...
Plus iPhone is all about standard & class... Unlike android it stays on Apple iPhone, Instead of now i see even china phones have android windows in it... It was okay with Samsung & HTC,
But china!??
Anyway welcome to apple community...

Just download Sound Cloud...
Its the best app... I don't remember the last time i used iTunes to import music...
And you can't just hate iTunes for your own lack of knowledge...

If iTunes is so intuitive, why don't you use it? And telling someone they shouldn't hate iTunes just because they don't have knowledge of it is a pretty simplistic view. There is a dislike of iTunes by many people. Including knowledgeable ones. Not everyone finds doing research on a program easy to do, and the simple fact is that they shouldn't have to! It should be "somewhat" self explanatory.

The reason why users prefer not to use iTunes is because if you accidentally click Sync instead of import for data, you'd end up screwing your device/data over unless you're using manual sync. And even with manual sync, you have limited access to manual data management, which is where other utilities such as iFunbox, iExplorer come in

Last edited:
You are making my point. LOL! iTunes is not user friendly! You are legions above the average user and you don't like it. Why would anyone assume that the average person should be able to use it with ease or like to use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.