What's new

need serious itunes help....

loco

Reaction score
on friday my computer crapped out on me. i had to do a full system restore to get it back. because of this, my itunes library, and my daughters itunes library are gone. i have reinstalled itunes, but everytime i plug my phone in it says that my phone is linked to another library and it wants to erase the content on my phone and sync with the new install of itunes.

what do i do ? i dont want to have to erase and reload my entire phone. i have over 2000 songs, videos, playlists etc.....not counting the apps.

help !!!

To be honest, without a backup of your old library, you are pretty much stuck, and it has to wipe out.

That said, thanks to the new iCloud features. if you are running iOS 4.3.3, once its restored, you can go to Settings -> Store and enable the auto download features. You can now redownload your purchases:

For Apps: Open the App Store, go to "Updates" and select Purchased. You can redownload anything you have bought.

For Music: Open the iTunes Store, tap on Purchases at the bottom. You can redownload anything you purchased.

For anything you imported on your own, well you are unfortunately out of luck. :(

oh wow, that is not what i was hoping to hear. that sounds like a weeknd project.....lol

well, my phone is jailbroken and i have a fair amount of cydia apps. is there a good app you guys can recommend to help me back up the app on my phone ?

google a app called sharepod. I use it to sync files from my iPad and iPhone to my pc.

Well, the library is gone. Do backup from the iPhone to the new iTunes library, transfer purchase and backup important things.

Take your weekend to re-arrange your music library on iTunes.