What's new

itunes very annoying

gav1b

Reaction score
ive relocated my itunes folder to a different drive so it wont be affected by a crash etc, now when i plugged my iphone in to sync it wiped it, saying that its synced with a different library!!!

its the same one just on a different drive. i would have thought whatever itunes uses to identify the library would have copied too.

i fixed it by adding the whole folder to the library in itunes(sounds a backwards and upside down way of doing things to me.) now they are all back.

does anyone know a better or easier way to keep things all in order when relocating your itunes library?

whats the name of the file that itunes uses to id the phone and where is it stored?

im on windows 7 latest itunes with iphone 4, 4.2.1 jb

why not just uninstall itunes and reinstall just change the install dir while in the install process?

probably could have done, i just thought itunes would have some way of knowing that it was the correct library!!

it would help others if they decided to move thier itunes folder so it doesnt clog up the drive they have thier operating system on.

would it still pick up that its the correct itunes library if you uninstall itunes?

iTunes will only let you sync with one iTunes library. If you put it on a different drive/location iTunes will think it's a different library. I don't think there is a way round it unless you just use it as a back up then put it back in the correct location when you need to use it. Or install iTunes to the same drive as already said...