What's new

Stand alone cellular service for Watch only

xrayeyes

Reaction score
May be a crazy question, but we'll see if anyone knows. I may have to call Verizon. I want to get the Apple watch 5 cellular version. Anyone know if it can be set up with it's own service plan? I currently have my iPhone on a business plan and don't think they will allow me to add service for a watch. So, I would need to get my own separate plan...only for a watch! I know it does have to have the same carrier.

The cellular service for an Apple Watch is tied to the plan on your iPhone and shares the same phone number. You can’t get a cellular plan for an Apple Watch that’s completely separate from the plan on your iphone. All you can do is ask if your business plan will allow you to add your Apple Watch. There is an extra cost for Apple Watch cellular service which your business plan may not pay for.

Thanks! I should have been able to figure that out. I guess it wouldn't make sense to have a separate cellular number designated for it. Pretty lame question of me now that I think about it. LOL!

Thanks! I should have been able to figure that out. I guess it wouldn't make sense to have a separate cellular number designated for it. Pretty lame question of me now that I think about it. LOL!
The only lame question is the one that never gets asked.

You can just go with the Bluetooth watch and sync it to your phone. I had to do that with on old watch after my new one got stolen till I got my new watch.

Reactions: 933