What's new

So you switched from Android to iPhone. Are you happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't thought about my Droid since i made the switch to the iPhone4. It's hands down the best phone I have ever owned. The touch screen looks amazing and has much better response than my droid ever did. It's all a matter of preference though, so just because I like it or certain aspects of it, and would recommend it, that does not mean you will. I am extremely happy i switched from Android to the iPhone.

Very happy! I made the switch from an original Droid to the iPhone.

There are a few things that I do miss. I miss the ability to set ringer profiles, I miss google navigation, and I do miss the little notification light. I have adapted and am not looking back! With the Droid 1 I was constantly hanging up calls with my cheek, worrying if texts went to the correct contacts, and having to recharge mid-way through the day.

I LOVE my iPhone!!

damn, how did all of you guys with droids switch to the iphone so early? did you sign 1 year contracts with your droid?

damn, how did all of you guys with droids switch to the iphone so early? did you sign 1 year contracts with your droid?

Don't know about the others, but we have 10 lines here at work, and there is always at least one or two ready for updates. Makes it nice.

When I had upgraded to the Incredible in August of '10, I had used my GF's upgrade (same plan); She said she's happy with the enV 3 and didn't want a new phone. Well when the iPhone 4 came out, my line was due for an upgrade, so I did it.

I just wanted out of my droid so I bought the iPhone at full retail but that's me.

I am definitely considering a Mac Book as my next upgrade.

Don't forget one important thing about Apple computers as opposed to Apple phones.

The iPhone holds a pretty considerable marketshare, especially for a phone that is only available (domestically speaking) on two carriers (without tricks such as unlocking, of course).

On the desktop/laptop side, Windows PCs hold the majority of the marketshare.

Finding decent apps for OS X compared to Windows is like finding decent apps on Android as compared to iOS. It's basically flip-flopped. For certain specific purposes, OS X has some apps that cannot be beat. But in a lot of ways, OS X plays second fiddle to Windows.

Of course, native Windows capabilities on a Mac via Bootcamp mitigates alot of these issues; however keep in mind that requires purchasing a seperate license for Windows. And if you are into gaming, most of the serious videocards are PC-only (or exponentially more expensive for the Mac version, the only difference being the Mac version uses EFI firmware as opposed to a BIOS)

Since my number is the 'Main Line' on my account, I was elegible to upgrade early for some reason. I got the phone 3 weeks ago, but I wasn't technically elegible to upgrade until June. You might want to check your account to see, or call up to VZ because you might be elegible to upgrade early as well ;)

Don't forget one important thing about Apple computers as opposed to Apple phones.

The iPhone holds a pretty considerable marketshare, especially for a phone that is only available (domestically speaking) on two carriers (without tricks such as unlocking, of course).

Finding decent apps for OS X compared to Windows is like finding decent apps on Android as compared to iOS. It's basically flip-flopped. For certain specific purposes, OS X has some apps that cannot be beat. But in a lot of ways, OS X plays second fiddle to Windows.

Of course, native Windows capabilities on a Mac via Bootcamp mitigates alot of these issues; however keep in mind that requires purchasing a seperate license for Windows. And if you are into gaming, most of the serious videocards are PC-only (or exponentially more expensive for the Mac version, the only difference being the Mac version uses EFI firmware as opposed to a BIOS)

Mac actually has an advantage for the fact it doesnt ha e the market share. Its not targeted as much by virus and malware. Fwiw I am a windows user. I am about ready to make the switch tho. Win7 is a big improvement over the older OS but it is still far from perfect. The software I use now that I cant use on Mac is insignificant and there are a few programs that are OSX only that I would like to have access to. Cost is a big factor for me though. Id like to find a used or refurb MBP and then convert my desktop into hackentosh. Fully ready for the transition. The iPhone is the gateway drug lol.

Since my number is the 'Main Line' on my account, I was elegible to upgrade early for some reason. I got the phone 3 weeks ago, but I wasn't technically elegible to upgrade until June. You might want to check your account to see, or call up to VZ because you might be elegible to upgrade early as well ;)

My number is the "main line" also and I was eligible early. I was surprised to be eligible early - but didn't argue :)

Mac actually has an advantage for the fact it doesnt ha e the market share. Its not targeted as much by virus and malware. Fwiw I am a windows user. I am about ready to make the switch tho. Win7 is a big improvement over the older OS but it is still far from perfect. The software I use now that I cant use on Mac is insignificant and there are a few programs that are OSX only that I would like to have access to. Cost is a big factor for me though. Id like to find a used or refurb MBP and then convert my desktop into hackentosh. Fully ready for the transition. The iPhone is the gateway drug lol.
After about a decade of messing with a pc, I switched to the macbook pro and haven't looked back. Within 3 years I had 2 different windows laptops and just decided to switch. I know several people who have had there macbooks for years and they still hold up extremely well. Part of me getting over the sticker shock was the fact that it'll last alot longer.

Thank you for the responses they are VERY helpful.
How many jailbreaked (jailbroken? lol) their phones? Is that difficult and/or risky? How many plan to do so?

I would ultimately like to have the patience to wait for iPhone 5 because I know if I get 4 and that comes out I will once again feel left behind. But patience isn't my strong suit!

Thanks again..

Thank you for the responses they are VERY helpful.
How many jailbreaked (jailbroken? lol) their phones? Is that difficult and/or risky? How many plan to do so?

I would ultimately like to have the patience to wait for iPhone 5 because I know if I get 4 and that comes out I will once again feel left behind. But patience isn't my strong suit!

Thanks again..
This link explains everything and has links for the files you will need to jailbreak your phone.

How to jailbreak iOS 4.2.6 on your Verizon iPhone 4 with Greenpois0n | TiPb

I had the original Droid and upgraded to the Droid X. I ditched the X for the Iphone 4.

For what I use a phone for email, calls, games and music this phone is the best. It is what I wanted out of the other 2 phones but for me they fell short. I have been with Verizon 6 years and this is the 1st phone that I can drive to work and not drop a call in the 2 spots I used to. I even get signal at my house which I did not with my droids

For forwarding MMS messages the stock messenger sucks! With the droid I could go in select the contacts I wanted and send it on. The Iphone lags in this department.

I rooted my droid and to me it was extremely buggy afterwards. Because of this I am hesitant to JB my Iphone. But I may just to try Bitesms and see if it will do what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.