What's new

So iOS5 will be available for download this Wednesday the 12

I am too. That's exactly what I would have thought they would have done. They are giving us all 5g. They should make you set up iCloud first. have a copy in there and then it's a personal direct download. NBD....

I can host my GM file but it'll be on dropbox so it might end up getting taken down for overload. Let me know of you guys are interested

As far as i can tell, mine downloaded succesfully, but has been hanging at the "Backing up" message for ages... progress bar has moved a couple of mms...

Has this part taken a long time for anyone else?

My husband was VERY unsuccessful. He would make it to the installation phase and then receive an error code :-(
Hopefully, I'll have better luck when I get home. I tried to do it on my work computer, but I got scared when it said it was going to delete everything (because that's not my main computer) so, I decided to wait until I get home and this way I shouldn't get that "scary and depressing" message about delete all my media.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

chopper said:
As far as i can tell, mine downloaded succesfully, but has been hanging at the "Backing up" message for ages... progress bar has moved a couple of mms...

Has this part taken a long time for anyone else?

Yes mines been backing up since 7:30 pm it's now 10:00 pm and it's moved about 2mm on the download bar. I've cancelled the back up. I can manual back up in less than a minute but in order for the iOS 5 to complete it still does this backup. Is this normal? I'm going to try again tomorrow it's too late now to leave it backing up all night. Or is that what I need to do? Any ideas from the techs amongst us?

Although I'm far, Far, FAR, from a techy, I'd say let it ride. It's probably due to everyone downloading it which is only going to get MUCH worse in my opinion because most of us are getting off work and heading to the house to start our downloading adventure.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Mine downloaded, but won't update because the server is busy. The 5th time I tried, the phone went black. About an hour later the phone came back and I was able to restore. I left the phone plugged in and iTunes open. BTW, I did all the upates, rebooted before and it didn't make a difference.

Well I installed iTunes 10.5, had me a coffee, clicked check fir new updates and offered ios5.

Hit all the accepts app downloaded, screen went on to show 'processing file' and backing up iPhone.

3 hours laterprogess bar had not moved and it was still 'processing file' so cancelled.

so surely if it has downloaded the update, snd started to process then the time taken is not the DL server over subscribed?(unless Apple use the Blackberry ones lol!).

Not sure how I "lucked up" and installed the iOS5 nor do I know HOW it backed up everything when I repeatedly received the error code as well as the corrupted back up file message, but..........................I can see my movies AND songs, however, everything is grey so I can't access it. Anyone have any ideas, solutions, anything to help?

blessed said:
Not sure how I "lucked up" and installed the iOS5 nor do I know HOW it backed up everything when I repeatedly received the error code as well as the corrupted back up file message, but..........................I can see my movies AND songs, however, everything is grey so I can't access it. Anyone have any ideas, solutions, anything to help?
Try connecting to iTunes and let sync might work.

It's on my phone, but it's grey. I can see everything, music and videos just can't access them :-(

Question; each time I connect my iphone to the computer (itunes) it reminds me about the error and do I want to restore, cancel or delete the back up? I tried (unsuccessfully) to restore, so the next time I hit "cancel." I'm wondering now if I select the delete back up option, will it delete everything from my computer OR from my iphone? I am VERY confused. I don't want to keep getting this message each time I connect, which is exactly what's happening.