What's new

So iOS5 will be available for download this Wednesday the 12

Ok. I connected it again. This time I can now SEE my music, videos AND access them. However, HOW do I get my apps back??

blessed said:
Ok. I connected it again. This time I can now SEE my music, videos AND access them. However, HOW do I get my apps back??

You could re-sync them with iTunes or download them through the App store (Purchased) tab on your device.

Just a heads up Apple has updated the Wireless update (OTA) server to no longer display the error and instead report
iOS 5.0
Your Software is up to date.

Last edited:
Updated to ios5 about eight hrs ago,all good.... recovered all my apps and data cause I had backup copy done before new ios was installed - all working fine and loving it!!!!

Connected yet AGAIN, trying to bring my apps over. Why is it so difficult. I'm sure it's an "operator" malfunction and NOT the iOS, but either way, it's frustrating.

Another question; how do I get the "cloud" to update on all of my computers in regards to music, movies, etc?

blessed said:
Another question; how do I get the "cloud" to update on all of my computers in regards to music, movies, etc?

If you want to auto download purchases there is a setting in iTunes.

Edit-->Preferences-->Store.

Otherwise you could do it manually by selecting the purchased link in the iTunes Store under the App, Music, Tv Shows, or Books pages. Apple doesn't yet support movies in iCloud. Probably due to the cost of getting the rights.

Ok, I'm making some progess. Next question, WHY is it that when I go to "books" in itunes, and ask it to sync it's giving me a message which states I will lose all my music, movies and videos if I choose to sync my books? What's up with that?

I'd guess this is linked to iCLOUD restrictions. You have to buy an app to store music and films not bought through iTunes.

So and ripped cd/film stuff, not read anywhere it affects books, but you should not loose anything bought through apple or official apps.

blessed said:
Ok, I'm making some progess. Next question, WHY is it that when I go to "books" in itunes, and ask it to sync it's giving me a message which states I will lose all my music, movies and videos if I choose to sync my books? What's up with that?

My husband upgraded and all his books came over. I'm lost and stuck. Please help.

Sounds like people had some problems updating - Apple Insider had pages of message of people griping due to slow/lost connections and efforts.

Since I don't have my 4S yet, I just contented myself with updating iTunes and putting all my stuff from the cloud onto my laptop. Worked fine.

mfterka said:
Sounds like people had some problems updating - Apple Insider had pages of message of people griping due to slow/lost connections and efforts.

Since I don't have my 4S yet, I just contented myself with updating iTunes and putting all my stuff from the cloud onto my laptop. Worked fine.

Add me to the list :(.

Updated the ip2 on second attempt, but the ip4 is giving me a fight.

Tried several times now, currently the progress bar (for backing up the iphone) has travelled 1/8" in 2 hours, at this rate the ios6 will be released before this update completes!