What's new

So how much data are you using?

Medic3166

Reaction score
Just curious how much everyone uses their iPhones...

When I had my HTC Incredible, I'd average around 2gb a month.

I just checked my iPhone data usage after a week of having it in my hands... 5.3gb :D. Good thing for the unlimited data...

I think the biggest data hog right now is Netflix, I streamed two full length movies and a bunch of Family Guy episodes at work over the past few days.

after the first month or two of really eating up the data,aroung 5-6mb..
now it has leveled out at right @4mb a month...thank goodness for unlimited!!!!!!

after the first month or two of really eating up the data,aroung 5-6mb..
now it has leveled out at right @4mb a month...thank goodness for unlimited!!!!!!

I'm guessing you mean GB (Gigabyte)

because 4mb (microbit) wouldn't even cover a single letter. ;)

im on a 500MB plan and the closest ive ever come is 460MB i obvioulsy do not stream unless im on a WiFi, but 500MB is plenty for me

I have had my iPhone since the 7th and here is my usage:
sent: 7.4MB
Received: 22.9MB​

I have a home business and obviously mainly use my wifi. :)

.... I streamed two full length movies and a bunch of Family Guy episodes at work over the past few days.

Comment: I know I'm going out on a limb to write this, but..... streaming movies onto a smartphone....?? There's always the Internet to TV option, and you have a bigger screen that way! This huge bandwidth usage is a major reason that networks like ATT, Verizon, etc., are having such a tough time with service and why customers are having cellular issues. Perhaps using wi-fi for downloading HUGE items would help all of us......??

And..... Family Guy???

OK, off my soapbox. Sorry if I got carried away.

Comment: I know I'm going out on a limb to write this, but..... streaming movies onto a smartphone....?? There's always the Internet to TV option, and you have a bigger screen that way! This huge bandwidth usage is a major reason that networks like ATT, Verizon, etc., are having such a tough time with service and why customers are having cellular issues. Perhaps using wi-fi for downloading HUGE items would help all of us......??

And..... Family Guy???

OK, off my soapbox. Sorry if I got carried away.

I was at work in one of our remote field offices... with no computer, no WiFi, and basic cable. You can only watch 3am infomercials so many times... I'm a Paramedic; I've had plenty of shifts where we have zero calls in a 12 hour period, and we aren't allowed to sleep on the job. Netflix has an app... Why not use it?

I was at work in one of our remote field offices... with no computer, no WiFi, and basic cable.

I hear ya, Medic.... In those cases, yes. I'm thinking those who d/l gigabytes of data who nevertheless have accessibility to broadband or wi-fi just because they can... to watch their "Family Guy" type of tripe.

100mb on plan per month, the rest of the time i'm on wifi at home and at work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was at work in one of our remote field offices... with no computer, no WiFi, and basic cable.

I hear ya, Medic.... In those cases, yes. I'm thinking those who d/l gigabytes of data who nevertheless have accessibility to broadband or wi-fi just because they can... to watch their "Family Guy" type of tripe.

Oh I know. Any time I'm near a WiFi spot, I'll connect to it. I'd rather use the quicker signal anyway...

So can I find this info on my phone? I see usage in settings but it is showing time usage and cell data, would the cell data be it? I have the 1g plan. I assumed I'd have to wait for a bill!

So can I find this info on my phone? I see usage in settings but it is showing time usage and cell data, would the cell data be it? I have the 1g plan. I assumed I'd have to wait for a bill!

Settings > General > Usage