What's new

sn0wbreeze (help)

error code 1600-1601.

At this point in time I just restored back to normal, all is good, device is functioning but not jailbroken. If someone can perhaps shed some light as to what I could be doing wrong, please let me know as I would like to try this again, later tonight.
Look for iREB software on internet, also try to find the how to use, make sure u run it in xp compatibility mode as well.

I downloaded iREB, ran it in xp compatibility mode, this time it got further, but than failed on error 3194:

"Error 3194: Resolve error 3194 by updating to the latest version of iTunes. "This device is not eligible for the requested build" in the updater logs confirms this is the root of the issue. For more Error 3194 steps see: This device is not eligible for the requested build above."

So now you are having that error 3194 or you solve it already?

Look for iREB software on internet, also try to find the how to use, make sure u run it in xp compatibility mode as well.

I downloaded iREB, ran it in xp compatibility mode, this time it got further, but than failed on error 3194:

"Error 3194: Resolve error 3194 by updating to the latest version of iTunes. "This device is not eligible for the requested build" in the updater logs confirms this is the root of the issue. For more Error 3194 steps see: This device is not eligible for the requested build above."

Still have it. Using that iREB tool did make it go further, the displayed showed a white snowflake, with a progress bar (about 1/2 way) then it bombed on error 3194.

I wish I had access to an XP box, all I have is W7X64 and Vista X64..

Still have it. Using that iREB tool did make it go further, the displayed showed a white snowflake, with a progress bar (about 1/2 way) then it bombed on error 3194.

Well do u know how to modify the iTunes host file? First of all make sure that your itunes is close:
1. Go to C drive and look for Windows folder, then System32 followed by drivers and then finally etc folder

C:\Windows\System32\drivers \etc

2. In the etc folder you can see hosts file.

3. Open the hosts file using notepad and remove the lines that says xxxxxxxAgs.apple.com remove the entire line, save the file, close it.
4. Restart your computer. Open itunes and then connect your phone to your computer.

Well do u know how to modify the iTunes host file? First of all make sure that your itunes is close:
1. Go to C drive and look for Windows folder, then System32 followed by drivers and then finally etc folder

3. Open the hosts file using notepad and remove the lines that says xxxxxxxAgs.apple.com remove the entire line, save the file, close it.
4. Restart your computer. Open itunes and then connect your phone to your computer.

Okay so I found the hosts file, but its pretty much empty. That line you state to remove isn't listed. Everything in that file is "commented" out, to provide examples. The file itself is only 1k in size. Perhaps another location?

Okay so I found the hosts file, but its pretty much empty. That line you state to remove isn't listed. Everything in that file is "commented" out, to provide examples. The file itself is only 1k in size. Perhaps another location?

That's the only location where you will find the host file. This meaning that your itunes is missing informations to perfom the task, and if i was in your position actually, i will take the time to uninstall itunes, then restart my computer, then downloas itunes from apple website and install it and restart my computer then perform the jailbreak again.

That's the only location where you will find the host file. This meaning that your itunes is missing informations to perfom the task, and if i was in your position actually, i will take the time to uninstall itunes, then restart my computer, then downloas itunes from apple website and install it and restart my computer then perform the jailbreak again.

Okay, I'll give that a shot later today. One question though, can I keep my sn0wbreeze_iPhone 4-4.2.8.ipsw that I already made, or should I just dump it all and start from scratch?

Thanks for your help :D

Well i don't think that the ipsw have something to do with all these errors, try it first after installing the itunes, now if it doesn't work, you can consider making new one.

Using tinyumbrella, I notice that one of the apple IP addresses is in the umbrella.host files and not commented out. Where as in the win host file it is. Is this normal or should the apple IP be commented out in tinyumbrella also?

After reading and trying many of the posts for JB 4.2.8 on a Win7 system I can not get past errors 1600. 1601. 21. And a few others. I can not for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong. It seems like there isn't an easy JB for this using snowbreeze.

I'm and idiot (translation: Noobie), and just a couple of days ago, I used Sn0wbreeze on my Win7-64 HomePremium laptop to JB the Verizon iPhone 4. It all went without a hitch. I didn't do any compatibility modes.

I don't know anything other than that, but it works fine.... sometimes.

Brian

Brian. Could you please list the steps you did in order and any other 'things' that you may have done.

I know 3 other people with V iPhones who to can not JB 4.2.8

I downloaded sn0wbreeze. Then from sn0wbreeze I downloaded the ipsw from their site. I then changed the name from a zip to ipsw. I then run sn0wbreeze. When it finishes I follow the instructions to put the phone in dfu mode. When go to iTunes it should recognize a phone in recovery. You press shift and click restore and then select the file that was created by sn0wbreeze. This should be safes on your desktop.

I figured out my problem. I downloaded iTunes to a different computer and with fresh new default settings it worked like a charm!

The problem was with iTunes. I did notice that with the new install there was absolutely nothing I'm the 'host' file with apple.

Thanks for all the help

Lou

Lou - Glad you found the problem. I'm not sure I could have come up with anything different from what the others have made as instructions.

...and to KC7VLU - Hi from K7ZRZ. I'm on the Oregon Coast at Newport. Look me up on my site at K7ZRZ.net 73

Brian

Everyone's instructions were dead nuts accurate, there must be something in Win7 that caches iTunes 'stuff' that screws up the JB ipsw.

That being said I did backup the iPhone to the old iTunes first.

I then did a forced backup to the new iTunes as iTunes did recognize the phone but would not do a backup automatically.

I then did the JB with the new iTunes.

After that, I did a sync using the old iTunes and everything loaded and I lost nothing except my folders which I recreated.

Again what I did notice is that the 'host' file on the new iTunes computer never recorded an apple ip. I suspect that had something to do with it's success.

Even though in the old iTunes host file I removed the apple ip addresses I believe somewhere it never completely removed them. Cause every time I start iTunes up, the apple ip would reappear. Luckily the new install of iTunes didn't record the apple ip in the host file.

I'm just glad this nightmare is over.

Worked like a champ!

I was having the problems trying to JB with XP and I just gave up but it's been about a week and I see tons of new post with different ideas so (maby) I will try in a cupel hours when I wake up. I'll post a update