What's new

sn0wbreeze (help)

jobrien4487

Reaction score
After i go through everything to jailbrake i get to the end where it shows a pic of the phone and tells me to START ( after it makes the file and all and your supposed to do what like the video power off then hold sleep ect..)
mine however is stuck at start it will not let me hit start to finish??? can anyone help?

After i go through everything to jailbrake i get to the end where it shows a pic of the phone and tells me to START ( after it makes the file and all and your supposed to do what like the video power off then hold sleep ect..)
mine however is stuck at start it will not let me hit start to finish??? can anyone help?

You shouldn't have to worry about that start button. If you have the file made and saved to your desktop just connect it to the computer, put it in DFU mode and when Itunes comes up do a custom restore and select the Jailbroken file you just made.

I did that and when iTunes is extracting the software i get a error saying ( The iPhone 'user's iPhone" could not be restored An unknown error occurred (21).

What ipsw? What iphone? What computer? I already know that you are using snowbreeze but what version is it?

I have a white Verizon iphone 4 Version 4.2.8 (8E401) and I'm at work now but on my home laptop running windows xp when i check sn0wbreeze for a newer version it tells me im up to date ( cant tell you the version till i get home in about a hour.

It all started i got my iphone used it for a day and said ok I'm gonna jail brake like my past iphone was so i used greenpois0n and it was EASY and worked 100% but then a cuple days later my battery started dieing fast and i could not erase text so dumb me just asumes its because of the jail brake and i was gonna erase it then put it back on. I restored and itunes put a newer ipsw on my phone ( 4.2.8 ) ever since its been a losing batter trying to jail brake also whenever I try to download a older ipsw i get a error the only way my iphone works is if i let it restore to 4.2.8.

I have a white Verizon iphone 4 Version 4.2.8 (8E401) and I'm at work now but on my home laptop running windows xp when i check sn0wbreeze for a newer version it tells me im up to date ( cant tell you the version till i get home in about a hour.

It all started i got my iphone used it for a day and said ok I'm gonna jail brake like my past iphone was so i used greenpois0n and it was EASY and worked 100% but then a cuple days later my battery started dieing fast and i could not erase text so dumb me just asumes its because of the jail brake and i was gonna erase it then put it back on. I restored and itunes put a newer ipsw on my phone ( 4.2.8 ) ever since its been a losing batter trying to jail brake also whenever I try to download a older ipsw i get a error the only way my iphone works is if i let it restore to 4.2.8.

Ok i see your issue, have you save your previous iOS shsh blobs? If you never save it then you will not be able to downgrade.

I dont see it in the list in itunes where it says setup as new iphone or as a past back up and it has a cuple but ofcorse not the one i need. When i jailbroke i remember cydia asking me if i wanted to back up somthing but not really sure what it was can i use that? if so where can i find it not i no longer have cydia?

I dont see it in the list in itunes where it says setup as new iphone or as a past back up and it has a cuple but ofcorse not the one i need. When i jailbroke i remember cydia asking me if i wanted to back up somthing but not really sure what it was can i use that? if so where can i find it not i no longer have cydia?

Actually what you want to do is the downgrading right??? You can do it, you can't downgrade as your previous iOS shsh keys wasn't saved. You will just have to stay with your actuall iOS and hope for a better one which makes your battery life good in the future.
From whar i understand, now you are already on iOS 4.2.8, you can jailbreak it if you want. There are threads on the forum discusing about it.

Actually what you want to do is the downgrading right??? You can do it, you can't downgrade as your previous iOS shsh keys wasn't saved. You will just have to stay with your actuall iOS and hope for a better one which makes your battery life good in the future.
From whar i understand, now you are already on iOS 4.2.8, you can jailbreak it if you want. There are threads on the forum discusing about it.

All i want it cydia so i can use face time over 3g ect.. the battery life is fine now i had to erase that exchange account that was the problem but they say use redsn0w or sn0wbreez but they will not work for me but ill search and try again.

Thanks everyone for the help ill post what happens I'm gonna try again now.

Yes use the latest version of snowbreeze to jailbreak. Also remember to update your itunes, and run snowbreeze with full pc priviledges. Download from this forum links or from apple the iOS 4.2.8
When jailbreaking follow on screen instructions and u are good to go.

Yes use the latest version of snowbreeze to jailbreak. Also remember to update your itunes, and run snowbreeze with full pc priviledges. Download from this forum links or from apple the iOS 4.2.8
When jailbreaking follow on screen instructions and u are good to go.

Everything seems to work fine its iTunes giving me that error so I'm reinstalling iTunes now.