What's new

sn0wbreeze (help)

Yes use the latest version of snowbreeze to jailbreak. Also remember to update your itunes, and run snowbreeze with full pc priviledges. Download from this forum links or from apple the iOS 4.2.8
When jailbreaking follow on screen instructions and u are good to go.

Everything seems to work fine its iTunes giving me that error so I'm reinstalling iTunes now.

Ok but really make sure that it's the latest version, it really matter.

Yes use the latest version of snowbreeze to jailbreak. Also remember to update your itunes, and run snowbreeze with full pc priviledges. Download from this forum links or from apple the iOS 4.2.8
When jailbreaking follow on screen instructions and u are good to go.

Everything seems to work fine its iTunes giving me that error so I'm reinstalling iTunes now.

I'm done for now its still not working its pissing me off! Thanks for the help ill give it another 3 hours of my time in the AM lol

I'm done for now its still not working its pissing me off! Thanks for the help ill give it another 3 hours of my time in the AM lol

Can u please elaborate what you have done step by steps? When the error appear? And what is the error? I know i'm asking a lot, but that's the only way i or others can figure out where is the issue and be able to provide some helps so far as i think you shouldn't be getting any error if you follow everything like mentioned up there.

Ok i stay buy starting over i restore the iphone so its fresh. i download the ipsw 4.2.8 restore then I open sn0wbreeze then drag that file into the box. FILE VERIFIED it tells me its 4.2.8 (Verizon Iphone 4) then it asks if i would like to pick simple mode or expert i tryed both but lets just say I'm doing easy so i click easy then it makes me a files called sn0wbreeze_iPhone 4-4.2.8 on my desk top then i click close and i put the phone in recovery mode now I go to Itunes and click SHIFT + restore ( also as soon as i open itunes I get the error saying its in dfu money and needs to be resored) then i wait and it will say preparing to restore iPhone then ater about 10 min it will have a pop up box saying (The iPhone 'user's iPhone" could not be restored An unknown error occurred (21).

Ok. At that stage, when you see the error click ok and let it go. Do not close itunes nor disconnect your phone from your computer. You will now put your phone in DFU mode by holding down both power button and home button, keep both down for 10 seconds, then let go power button and keep push down home button until itune found out the DFU mode and throw out a restore notification. Click ok to the notification and then itunes will takes you to the screen where u need to press restore, remember to press down shift key and then click restore, select your previously cooked ipsw which was posted on your desktop by snowbreeze, and let itunes restore it and this time you will not see that error anymore.

Ah and i will not be on the forum for a good while now, but i hope you will receive helps and on time for you to be able to finidh the jailbreaking. Good luck.

After i do all that that's when I get the error when it's restoring with the cooked sn0wbreeze

Yes i know, first you get that error, and without exiting itunes or disconnecting your phone, you close snowbreeze and manually put your phone in dfu mode, itunes will detect your phone in dfu mode and throw out an message of "itunes has detected iphone in recovery mode and need to restore" or something like that, accept and then shift key plus restore. This time itunes will restore your firmware without stoping and throwing out those errors. And also do you know how to run snobreeze in xp sp3 compatibily mode? If yes then make it compatible xp Sp3 and cook your new ipsw after that.

Right click On snowbreeze and in the drop list select "troubleshot" run the troubleshot, when it ask if issue solve, say no and continue, a list of options will display, select "software worked well on previous versions of windows, another option list will display, select "xp sp3" and run the software from there.

I ran into the same error (21) as well. I figured out by unchecking "Start iTunes when device is connected" will relieve that error code. I then followed the steps in this: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/user/EverythingApplePro?feature=sub_widget_1#p/u/12/COtFG0WsLcs"]video[/ame] I downloaded the software, followed all steps.

Here's what I'm running:

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

iTunes 10.2.2.14

Sn0wbreeze (2.7.1) (40.3mb) in Windows XP (service pack 3) Compatibility Mode (and also selected "Run as Administrator")

iPhone3,3_4.2.8_8E401_Restore.IPSW (652mb)

Windows Firewall is OFF as in completely OFF

No antivirus apps are running or installed.

The above files I downloaded via the links provided in the above mentioned video. I created my cooked sn0wbreeze_iPhone 4-4.2.8.ipsw file. I then plugged in device, iTunes fired up stating it detected device in recovery mode and needs to be restored.

I then clicked on "OK" to accept message, I then held down SHIFT key and clicked on RESTORE, I then selected my sn0wbreeze_iPhone 4-4.2.8.ipsw cooked file. iTunes then started the "Preparing for restore" process, within about 2 minutes I received error code 1600.

I then disconnect the iPhone and connected it into the back of my computer (originally had it plugged into front USB) thinking that perhaps this was the issue. I then put the iPhone back into DFU mode, iTunes launched (like before) and I then repeated the same steps, holding down SHIFT and clicking RESTORE, selected my cooked file, iTunes then stated "Preparing for restore" and it failed with error code 1601.

At this point in time I just restored back to normal, all is good, device is functioning but not jailbroken. If someone can perhaps shed some light as to what I could be doing wrong, please let me know as I would like to try this again, later tonight.

error code 1600-1601.

At this point in time I just restored back to normal, all is good, device is functioning but not jailbroken. If someone can perhaps shed some light as to what I could be doing wrong, please let me know as I would like to try this again, later tonight.
Look for iREB software on internet, also try to find the how to use, make sure u run it in xp compatibility mode as well.

error code 1600-1601.

Look for iREB software on internet, also try to find the how to use, make sure u run it in xp compatibility mode as well.

I downloaded iREB, ran it in xp compatibility mode, this time it got further, but than failed on error 3194:

"Error 3194: Resolve error 3194 by updating to the latest version of iTunes. "This device is not eligible for the requested build" in the updater logs confirms this is the root of the issue. For more Error 3194 steps see: This device is not eligible for the requested build above."

Last edited: