What's new

slickwraps iphone4 carbon skin covers

yes he's very kindly sending me one,i will find out as i fancy an iPad one too,I'm sure I'm going to love them.
hi have a look in your inbox with reference to this post.

Just received my slick wrap t'shirt for the review I gave. So just to let slick wraps know it came and I'll wear it around manchester UK advertising for you. I imagine they'll be a few thinking 'wrapped what up?' (laughs out loud)

027d2b10-18bc-bc71.jpg

027d2b10-18cf-b6ce.jpg

iHolophyte

Just received my slick wrap t'shirt for the review I gave. So just to let slick wraps know it came and I'll wear it around manchester UK advertising for you. I imagine they'll be a few thinking 'wrapped what up?' (laughs out loud)

027d2b10-18bc-bc71.jpg

027d2b10-18cf-b6ce.jpg

iHolophyte
nice,you will have to put on a photo modelling it.

Hope i am not talking out of turn here but i purchased from Amazon the black carbon fibre slikwrap for about £14.99 i think it was, just ordered another from ebay but not silkwrap a white one which cost £2.99 and there is absolutely no difference side by side to the carbon fibre ..Silkwrap need to sort there pricing out in my opionon well over priced. Just my 2 pence worth as thats a lot of difference..

I've got a carbon skin on the back of my 4s, £2.99 also off eBay plus free delivery and you would not know the difference

I purchased a carbon skin for my iPad 2 from icarbons, $19.99. Wish I got it from eBay now

I know its mad that there can be such a difference...Oh well hope i can save someone a few pennies Lol

I disagree. I've just purchased a black carbon off eBay for £1.29. Took my blue slick wrap off and put the black one on. Massive difference. For one there was no residue after 6 months with the slick wrap. After 2 days with the black one it's left residue behind. Also the quality is weak with the black one. It's already beginning to peel on the sides. Also the camera slot on the slick wrap has individual holes making it look more professional. This black one is a large hole, looking cheap. I regret buying this one, but had to compare. I'll be buying a new slick wrap and will be happy paying the added price. It's like buying a Henry Lloyd coat rather than a Hi-tec. You get what you pay for.

iHolophyte

I agree that you get what you pay for but comparing the skin I got from eBay and the one I got from iCarbons the quality is exactly the same.

I have had both for a while and there has been no peeling etc, in fact I have just peeled it off to see if there was any residue and there was none present. It has stuck back fine.

I must have been lucky lol I always pay for the quality products with the higher price tag but at 3 quid I had nothing to lose. I was going to buy one similar to my icarbons iPad 2 skin because I was so impressed with the quality but glad I took a 3 quid punt because the quality is the same and overall I'm happy. Bargain

I disagree. I've just purchased a black carbon off eBay for £1.29. Took my blue slick wrap off and put the black one on. Massive difference. For one there was no residue after 6 months with the slick wrap. After 2 days with the black one it's left residue behind. Also the quality is weak with the black one. It's already beginning to peel on the sides. Also the camera slot on the slick wrap has individual holes making it look more professional. This black one is a large hole, looking cheap. I regret buying this one, but had to compare. I'll be buying a new slick wrap and will be happy paying the added price. It's like buying a Henry Lloyd coat rather than a Hi-tec. You get what you pay for.

iHolophyte
hmm interesting,i too believe that you get what you pay for,Slickwraps is a quality product and i won't be buying lookielikies,i can't see the point in paying £500 upwards for a phone and then putting cheap products on it,thats my thoughts anyway.

i just received my wrap from Slickwraps,i was sent the Metal series brushed steel,i will put photos on in the next few days,looking forward to seeing what my phone will look like,complete change from the red carbon,thank you Slickwraps.

I so want the metal brushed steel version. I will look forward to your photographs 😄

iHolophyte

I so want the metal brushed steel version. I will look forward to your photographs 

iHolophyte
yes its nice,i might put it on tomorrow,i very much like the look of the gold one,in one photo it looks like an antique gold and in another a sort of bright brass colour,wonder which is accurate?

Last edited:
I'm liking that very much. I love brushed metal, makes your phone look like a VIP lol

iHolophyte
yes lol,dont know if i should get the blue carbon or the gold metal next time,or maybe there will be a new one out.