What's new

slickwraps iphone4 carbon skin covers

I couldn't agree more with you! I say the exactly same thing!

That's why I bought 3 very different skins from slickwraps: Gun metal, red carbon fiber and glowing blue.

By the way, I'll share with you the answer that I got from slickwraps:

"Hello,
Thanks for contacting us before installing the wrap. You can use a Slickwrap over a full body protector or shield, however, we do not recommend it. Our wraps are specifically designed to adhere to the hardware of your phone. If placed on top of a shield or protector it may damage the wrap and the protector. Which we will not be liable for. I have heard quite a few people say they have applied the wrap over the protector/shield and have not had any issues with removal. So, you can install over the protector or shield, but at your own risk.
I am going to advise that with the protector and the wrap installed on your phone a clear case is probably not going to fit.

Thank You,

Miricia
SlickWraps Customer Care
Slickwraps.com"

Thanks for the info and to me it seems correct. I installed my slickwrap over the protector with no problems at all, but again this was ok for me but may not work for the next person.

iHolophyte

You're going to end up being the CEO of slickwraps with the amount you're buying ha ha. Not over keen on covers really as you have to take it out to answer it.

iHolophyte
i want the carbon blue at some point,do you always get the spare piece in the middle of the front?i would want that to make another apple for my case.

Thomasjtsi said:
The majority of form fitting, snap on cases fit quite snug... but not to the point where it won't fit w/ a wrap on front & back.

So if I understand you correctly, the snap on clear case will fit tightly and snug even if the phone doesn't have a wrap on it? I'm just wondering because everywhere I've looked it says it fits perfectly on an already wrapped phone, but I don't plan on wrapping mine. Yet.. But I do love the clear snap on case.

You're going to end up being the CEO of slickwraps with the amount you're buying ha ha. Not over keen on covers really as you have to take it out to answer it.

iHolophyte
actually the phone comes out very quickly when needed so it isn't a problem,its a nice case,slim and neat,inexpensive too.

I've not added a skin or a case. Is the purpose of SlckWraps to provide protection from scratches or, in the event of an accidental drop, will it protect your phone and prevent the glass from breaking?

I've not added a skin or a case. Is the purpose of SlckWraps to provide protection from scratches or, in the event of an accidental drop, will it protect your phone and prevent the glass from breaking?
it will provide protection from scratches and i think a little protection if you drop it,i would think that it should help to keep the glass intact,haven't seen any posts conceding this tho,mainly tho your phone will look super cool,Slickwraps are amazing.

it will provide protection from scratches and i think a little protection if you drop it,i would think that it should help to keep the glass intact,haven't seen any posts conceding this tho,mainly tho your phone will look super cool,Slickwraps are amazing.

Thanks! My reservation for adding a wrap or case, I like the looks of the iPhone as it is out-of-the box.

Thanks! My reservation for adding a wrap or case, I like the looks of the iPhone as it is out-of-the box.

If you have reservations then go for the clear wraps. This way your phone is protected from scratches but yet still defines the beauty of a naked iPhone.

iHolophyte

I liked mine like that at first but then got a little bored with it always looking the same,i do get easily bored tho lol.

Can someone tell me how you get the ambient light sensor to work on the iPhone 4s with the Carbon Skin cover? I have tried 20 times now and it is impossible!

Can someone tell me how you get the ambient light sensor to work on the iPhone 4s with the Carbon Skin cover? I have tried 20 times now and it is impossible!

Have you covered it up? There is a removable piece for this slot on the phone if it's still in your light sensor will be covered over and not work.

iHolophyte

iHolophyte said:
Have you covered it up? There is a removable piece for this slot on the phone if it's still in your light sensor will be covered over and not work.

iHolophyte

It seems that the 4s sensor is in a slightly different place... I have punched the cutout out of my mood wrap, but the light sensor does not work. Would love to know where it is though so I can fix it.