What's new

Siriport Tutorial for iPhone 4, 3G, and 3GS

fire_bat777

Reaction score
I have created a tutorial that makes putting Siriport on your iPhone a bit easier. I ended up doing this process three times once I had done it successfully once to see if there was one way to do it that was better than another. Listed below are the instructions, step-by-step, and a video with additional information and a better visual to follow.

Things you need to make this work:
Jailbroken iPhone 4 3GS or 3G
iFile (paid app but available for free at some repos)
Siriport (Repo- repo.siriport.ru)

This is how you get Siriport to work:

1. Install this certificate: siriport.ru/1.crt (you do this by typing that address into safari on your iPhone and installing the certificate when prompted)

2. Add repo.siriport.ru in cydia and install Siriport for whatever iOS you are using. This file is very large, WiFi recommended. Once Siriport is installed you should be forced to respring your device.

3. Using ifile or a similar program, go to var/mobile/library/preferences find the file named com.apple.assistant.plist and press the blue circle for more options.

4. Go down to the permission section (user, group, world) and make sure they are all set to read, write. Save the setting.

5. Go to Settings>General and turn off Siri

6. Reboot (not respring)

7. Go to settings and turn on Siri

8. Press and hold your home button until Siri pops up. Say "Hello Siri". Odds are that she will give you an error. Something to the effect of "I'm sorry, but I can't take any requests right now". Talk to Siri every couple of minutes (at any interval) until Siri works. THIS IS THE STEP WHERE MOST OF THE PEOPLE GIVE UP. Please, have patience and you will have Siri running.

You can check the status of the Siriport server at this web address:
SiriPort.Ru - Server Status

9. If the server is overloaded and it will not giving you a working key, delete your assistant.plist file, go to settings and turn off Siri, shut off your device then turn it back on. Turn Siri on and try activating Siri again. I have personally used this method 3 times. Activation times varied from 5 minutes to 6+ hours. It is not a fast method, but it is a free method for getting Siri on your i-device.

Good Luck and happy jailbreaking.

-Fire Bat

Last edited by a moderator:
I did all this (basically) and got siri to work after a few hours. But then the next day all my 3rd party apps stopped working. Is there anything I can do or should I just get a 4s?

Or...........

Jailbreak.

Install,..... Spire via cydia.

Spire is 100mb file download so use wifi. Its the actual siri programme direct from apples servers and 100% legal.

Launch spire via settings and input the proxy key.

Pay for a yearly subscription at around $20 / £12 sterling.

I have had no issues with my iPhone 4, any of my apps either from the app store or cydia.
All tweaks and themes are fine.

Ive not lost service once from my siri.

Other things to download are :

hands free control
siri launch

Last edited:
Or...........

Jailbreak.

Install,..... Spire via cydia.

Spire is 100mb file download so use wifi. Its the actual siri programme direct from apples servers and 100% legal.

Launch spire via settings and input the proxy key.

Pay for a yearly subscription at around $20 / £12 sterling.

I have had no issues with my iPhone 4, any of my apps either from the app store or cydia.
All tweaks and themes are fine.

Ive not lost service once from my siri.

Other things to download are :

hands free control
siri launch

I tried using Spire with several different proxy servers. None of them ever worked. I'm sure not going to pay money to someone I don't know to host a proxy server that they can shut down at any time. I've never had any issues with Siriport not allowing me to use my apps. In fact, Siriport (to me) is virtually invisible until I actually need to use Siri for something. Once I obtained my key I never had to do another thing with it. It works for me 100% of the time when I have service or am connected to WiFi.

I would never pay someone for a proxy server when there are ports out there that do the same thing for free.

I did all this (basically) and got siri to work after a few hours. But then the next day all my 3rd party apps stopped working. Is there anything I can do or should I just get a 4s?

The last person I heard about this happening to simply connected their phone to iTunes and synched their phone. Problem solved.

I can't get Siri to work for anything. Now she won't even let me talk to her. I've got a wife for that.
If I can't get this to work soon I'm giving up.

Sent from my iPhone of cour

The last person I heard about this happening to simply connected their phone to iTunes and synched their phone. Problem solved.

Thanks for replying fire_bat777 but I just tried that (then rebooted) and the 3rd party apps still don't work and now it's been well over 24 hours since siri worked. Honestly, I should have known better than to jailbreak for the first time just to get siri because I'm a cheapskate. My knowledge is too limited and so is my patience. Best of luck to all you jailbreakers. Keep fighting the power. I'm gonna go buy a 4s. Again, thanks for trying to help.

Thanks for replying fire_bat777 but I just tried that (then rebooted) and the 3rd party apps still don't work and now it's been well over 24 hours since siri worked. Honestly, I should have known better than to jailbreak for the first time just to get siri because I'm a cheapskate. My knowledge is too limited and so is my patience. Best of luck to all you jailbreakers. Keep fighting the power. I'm gonna go buy a 4s. Again, thanks for trying to help.

I had the same issues, my 3rd party apps stopped working immediately after Siri install. People have said they fixed the issue by removing My3G, but i didn't have that installed on mine. I got mine to work properly again by going into Cydia and installing Corona 5.0.1 Untether, and now everything on my phone works properly, including Siri. Im running ISO 5.0.1 on my 4G

My mail app stopped working and im on 5.1.1 any suggestions? oh im on iphone 4