What's new

Get Siri Dictation For iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4 With 'Siri0us'

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score

Eric Day has just released a new tweak that will put Siri dictation on your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, or iPod Touch 4G. This doesn't mean you can just install it and ask Siri about the weather, no this is just strictly dictation. So if you are driving or doing something where you can't type, you can press the Siri button and dictate what you want it to type. It works really well, some of the things still need to be tweaked but you should get your Siri-fix. You can pick up this semi-Siri port from the iF0rce repo below for free, remember to refresh Cydia and search for 'Siri0us'

iF0rce Repo:
‪http://apt.if0rce.com‬

Last edited by a moderator:
It's important to note that this is not Siri dictation. In fact this tweak has nothing to do with Siri except for the fact that the developer used a Siri looking User Interface. This tweak actually uses the Nuance dictation services and it is not nearly as accurate or functional as Siri dictation on a 4S. You're much better off using one of the dictation apps that is available in the app store.

It's important to note that this is not Siri dictation. In fact this tweak has nothing to do with Siri except for the fact that the developer used a Siri looking User Interface. This tweak actually uses the Nuance dictation services and it is not nearly as accurate or functional as Siri dictation on a 4S. You're much better off using one of the dictation apps that is available in the app store.
Yeah. Dragon Dictate rules! It's just as fast and accurate as Siri - hands down. I use it all the time on my iPad 2. They will eventually allow Siri on the iPad 2 - but until then Dragon Dictate rules. The only pain, of course, is having to go OVER to another app and then hit copy in that app and then return to whatever screen you want the text in. Siri is just so darn convenient that the little dictation microphone is available on the keyboard for ANY window where text can be typed - except password fields (for obvious reasons).

Just to update on this... Siri0us was pulled from Cydia yesterday by it's creator Eric Day. "It looks like Day was making unauthorised use of Nuance's speech regonition technology and hence has removed Siri0us from Cydia to avoid getting into trouble. "

Just to update on this... Siri0us was pulled from Cydia yesterday by it's creator Eric Day. "It looks like Day was making unauthorised use of Nuance's speech regonition technology and hence has removed Siri0us from Cydia to avoid getting into trouble. "

Bummer.. Well, as I said - Dragon Dictate rules!!! Every bit as great as Siri after using both back to back for some time!

Jmills87 said:

Which is that app on apple store

Ware I gate Siri assistant for iphone4
Siri is not available on the 4... strictly available on the 4S. Currently, any "Siri" similar program uses files hacked from a 4S... thus making it pirated and illegal.

Try Dragon Dictaion or Vlingo.

illegal ? you mean like 90% of the stuff at Cydia? ;-)
Perhaps 90% is a bit of a stretch... but I'll agree w/ you that quite a bit of what rolls through Cydia is pirated. Good thing about being here @ iPF is... we don't have to worry about our forums being all jumbled up with discussions regarding the illegal stuff. :)

NewdestinyX said:
Honest question, Thomas.. How is that so? Does the forum specifically disallow threads about the 'questionable' stuff on Cydia? I see lots of discussions about 'all' products on Cydia. Thanks.
I'm not going to get into a big blown out of proportion discussion regarding piracy & illegal activity discussion on iPF w/ you destiny. It's simply stated in the Forum Rules... and it is at the discretion of the Administration & Mods what is and isn't acceptable.