What's new

Siri not working since iPhone 5 launch

tweedman

Reaction score
Earlier this week, I upgraded my Verizon iPhone 4S to iOS 6. Yesterday evening around 6:00 p.m. (8:00 a.m. in Australia on iPhone 5 Day 1) Siri stopped taking requests; it's now around 17 hours later, still nothing. It had been working fine up until then, and I made no changes to my settings. I have Internet access on the phone, so that's not the problem. I've looked around, and I don't see anyone else reporting this kind of problem. Any ideas?

Steve

Same thing happened when the 4S launched. At best it will be patchy for a while. Mine worked OK for a bit this morning, but isn't working now. There are quite literally millions of new iPad3 and iPhone5 users using Siri for the first time and it overloads the servers... It will calm down in a day or two...

f4780y said:
.....There are quite literally millions of new iPad3 and iPhone5 users using Siri for the first time and it overloads the servers... It will calm down in a day or two...

Yeah, give the girl a break!

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Yeah, give the girl a break!

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Since when was Steve a girls name? And he's just telling him why Siri might not be working as well, there is nothing harsh about that

Unleashed said:
Too funny! But Siri uk is a guys voice :p

Didn't know that, I have a female's voice on my phone and iPad.
And I was referring to Siri being overloaded in my original post. Poor girl. :(

And he / she seems to be performing much better today... (at least for me)

In the U.S., Siri is definitely female, and is isn't half disturbing that in the U.K., she's a guy. Seems like an insult either to the Yanks or the Brits, but I can't figure out which.

In any case, it's more than 50 hours since he/she had a civil word for me, and I'm beginning to take it personally. Can't be a good introduction for those meeting him/her for the first time.

Soldier on, hermaphroditic artificial intelligences!

Steve

Gosh, I owe Siri an apology. Turns out the situation was almost entirely my own fault. I was playing with iOS 6, and read on the forums that to get Passbook to work at all, you had to adjust the system date a year ahead. I did that, and forgot to change it back. Turns out, this completely confused Siri, I guess because I was asking her/him to predict the future. I set the date correctly, and Siri has begun talking to me again.