What's new

iPhone 4 rained on

wendypartin

Reaction score
First of all I know I should've had a case on my phone but it was connected to an output jack on a "boom wagon" and the case interfered with the connection.

So.. On this past Saturday night/Sunday morning my iPhone 4 was left outside until I was woke up at 3:30-4:30 a.m. by raindrops on the camper. Not sure how long it was in the rain but it wasn't raining at 11:30 p.m. or at 2:30 a.m.. When I went to see if my phone was out there, sure enough it was with the screen just lit up bright. I took the phone in and let it set. I "thought" letting it dry out on its own was a good idea. So I did for over 24 hours before putting it in rice. After 12 hours in the rice I tried to plug it in and nothing! Put it back in the rice for another 5-6 hours til the husband got home and removed the back and battery and put it back in rice for another 24 hours or so. Put the phone back together and tried to charge and nothing! Still! Help me!! I don't know what to do next.

The rain probably shorted the charger amongst other components.

Always know water and any electrical componets never mix well, sometimes you get lucky, but in most cases it does not end well.

I'm just baffled how some phones can be submerged in water and still work but mine is just dead. So frustrating. I have it apart and in rice and placing it on the dryer occassionally. If anyone has any other ideas I can try please let me know. Could it possibly be that the battery just shorted out? I have another one on its way just in case.

Please iPhone gods have mercy on me and let it work!!!

Yea I have heard that iPhones really hate water. This is the reason you have a backup of your data for such circumstances.

Sorry, Usually if you get nothing after 24 hours of drying it's really gone.

You may need to claim it on your household insurance policy that it what I did. One of our phones died from water damage. I would have left it in rice for 2 days at least. Try a full reset restore while it is connected to a computer i

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I believe for that rice trick the whole phone needs to be taken apart, logic board removed, ect. You can try to take some alchol to the logic board with a q-tip, cleaning off the connectors, replace battery and possibly charge port and see what difference that makes.