What's new

Another water (toilet) damaged Iphone 4

worried

Reaction score
Hey fellow Iphoners, my daughter threw my phone in the toilet as i reaced to get it from her. It was only in there max of 2 secs. I immediately tookd off the otterbox and started using a towel to dry it. I didnt turn it off like an idiot and my husband called and when he called the screen went black. I them put it in a ziplock bag with those silca packets and then went to the store and bought a bag rice and put it in a ziplock bag with rice under and above the iphone. I left it for about 3 days. i tried turning it on and it would not come on. I thought the battery may have been dead so i put it on charge. After about an hour of being on charge the phone came on. Everything works except the screen part time. It stays black but still works. Sometimes i press the home key several times then it will show the display. Even when the screen is black it will let you slide the screen and answer calls. I backed up my iphone and restored it. But it is still doing the same thing. Can anyone help. PlEASE.

You have moisture still in the phone. Unless you are an electronic tech that knows how to properly strip down and clean all the contacts properly, you should try putting the phone back in the rice and heat the bag to around 90F (32C) and keep it that way for a few days. The extra heat will help speed up the evaporation. But don't expect a miracle.