What's new

Simple Question about getting 2(two) Iphone4s

ctmarco3

Reaction score
Is there any benefit(s) and what are they of buying 2 iphones ( 1 for me, 1 for wife) as opposed to one of us getting the Droid Razr and one getting the iphone4s?
Thanks so much will greatly help in my decision.

I love how we can share our apps via cloud And that latest app find my iPhone is awesome, if u don't wanna be found simply disable the location but u get my point ;-)
My daughter hasn't figured it out and I want locations in always so I can always find her if need and she knows it.
An awesome situation for myself as a mother and her as a child. I'm aware of all apps and songs etc we love it!

Thanks for the reply njshore, I like the idea of a find my phone also. Does anyone know is this NOT possible with cross-platform phones. i.e is there an android app that would let me find my wifes iphone? or an android app that would let me find her android? Also I do like the idea of sharing apps via cloud...does that cost extra though?

It doesn't cost extra. I would use the same iTunes account though to skip the hassle of signing in and out of yours to hers and vise versa. Once you pay for an app, you own it and can put said app on any other apple device using iTunes or simply going to app store, updates, purchased apps. Download or install. Like I said, it doesn't cost extra. But anything you download goes on your gb counter thing. So if you are limited to 2 gb I'd be careful.
My husband and I both have Verizon iPhone 4. Seperate iTunes accounts. But I can still sign into his and get an app that he paid for, or got free. And he can do the same with mine. Also FaceTime is cool.
Both our phones are jailbroke and mine is now a wifi hotspot. So if I have a laptop not connected to the net in any way I can use my phone.

another reason...iMessage.... texting between to iOS devices for free

if you give your wife the rzr she will be bugging you constantly to trade itfor the iphone.... LOL!

another reason...iMessage.... texting between to iOS devices for free if you give your wife the rzr she will be bugging you constantly to trade itfor the iphone.... LOL!
Hmmmm... OK, xray.... something new here. We have 2 iPhones, both version 4, in iOs 4.1. Are you saying that we can d/l an app (iMessage) and have free texting between us, or is there a catch?

Hmmmm... OK, xray.... something new here. We have 2 iPhones, both version 4, in iOs 4.1. Are you saying that we can d/l an app (iMessage) and have free texting between us, or is there a catch?

LOL! I'm going to smack you until you download iOS5! Do you remember the conversation we had about Find My iPhone and iOS5? Same thing for iMessage...it comes with iOS5. Not an app...it's integrated. Get it now silly!

Get 2 iPhones, you will be able to iMessage for free and more over share your apps songs etc... free of charges.

LOL! I'm going to smack you until you download iOS5! Do you remember the conversation we had about Find My iPhone and iOS5? Same thing for iMessage...it comes with iOS5. Not an app...it's integrated. Get it now silly!

<<blushing...> Yeah, you're right! <blushing some more> If it only didn't involve iTunes, I'd be there. I'd just HATE to lose all my incredible data (Contacts, wi-fi locales, pics, etc...) by trusting iTunes to do right by me when I upgrade to iOS 5. And yes, I failed Paranoia 101. LOL :))

Have you ever hooked up your phone to iTunes at all, ever? If you have iTunes on you computer, the first thing you can do is go under Edit>preferences>devices>then click "prevent ipods, iphones, and ipads from syncing automatically". Then you can be assured it won't sync without you telling it to. It has never synced erroneously for me while I have that checked. You should do this before you hook up your phone.

Then you can download the new software and not sync at all. It will ask you if you want to update the software and you can say yes at that point.

Or you can say no and go to the summary page and look over everything before you do anything whatsoever over iTunes. You can then go under to each "service" (contacts, music, apps, etc) and make sure they are "unchecked" to sync. Don't click the sync button if you don't want to sync...it won't!

I wish you had someone tech savvy in your family or friends you would trust to take you through the steps! :)
Or send Bab2010 a PM and he will talk you through it I bet. He is a most helpful individual on this forum!

bab2010 said:
Get 2 iPhones, you will be able to iMessage for free and more over share your apps songs etc... free of charges.

What is the difference between iMessage and texting? I thought the IMessage was just showing you they had an iPhone too?

What is the difference between iMessage and texting? I thought the IMessage was just showing you they had an iPhone too?
The difference between iMessage and texting which is known as SMS is that you are paying for every sms you are sending out, perhaps you have an unlimited sms plan, but anyway you have paid for that unlimited sms plan, at the oder hand, iMessage is free provide your contacts are also having iMessage set up on their iPhones. Every time you send iMessage to your contacts it is going out for free, and it's not counting over your sms plan and that's exactly the reason why you need to have EDGE, OR 3g, or wifi connection on your iPhone in order to use iMessage. To summarize, iMessage is free of charge where by texting is a service you are paying for.

The difference between iMessage and texting which is known as SMS is that you are paying for every sms you are sending out, perhaps you have an unlimited sms plan, but anyway you have paid for that unlimited sms plan, at the oder hand, iMessage is free provide your contacts are also having iMessage set up on their iPhones. Every time you send iMessage to your contacts it is going out for free, and it's not counting over your sms plan and that's exactly the reason why you need to have EDGE, OR 3g, or wifi connection on your iPhone in order to use iMessage. To summarize, iMessage is free of charge where by texting is a service you are paying for.
So shall I assume this uses data? If so any ideas on about how much? Thanks for all the info!

Thanks again xray.... for the commentary! I hear ya.. and as I wrote in my PM to you, I'll probably just coast along until I get my next iPhone. At that point I will attack iTunes (which lately seems to need updates @ over 80MB all too often) with my current iPhone with vigor!