What's new

Is using ios 4 on iphone 4 still an option? :p And till which ios does gevy support?

Fasih

Reaction score
Guys, please help me out a bit. So I have this option to get iphone4. Problem is it's locked and running on a gevy sim. And I cant get it unlocked right now (not for another month) so its stuck on ios 4 for now. Should I take it?

I want to switch to iphone from android. But just REALLY confused. You can NOT compare the two, so I can't say one is better than the other. So HTC Sensation or iphone 4 is not even the question here. The dilemma is, can i use an outdated ios for a couple of months? 1-2 months max.

And till which ios does gevy support? And how can I find out which gevy does it have?

Gevey hasn't seen an update since 6.1.3 for the iPhone 4. An alternative is to buy another interposer to replace it. The R-SIM does support the iPhone 4 for the older ones, but they're hard to come by because they're not longer being produced so you'd have to find a reseller for it.

Means Gevey should work with ios 6? Is gevey dependant on BaseBand or IOS version? This iphone 4, I am actually currently using it somewhat as a secondary phone, it is working fine with the gevey, but its on ios 4, and well that looks just way too outdated. Can you guide what I need to check to know if it will continue to work on ios 6 or not? Without purchasing any other interposer or getting factory unlock. It is JB right now.

It'll still work on iOS 6 assuming you have iOS 6 blobs to restore to so that you can take advantage of it. Otherwise, you're forced onto 7.0.4.

Open up Cydia, go to the Cydia tab on the bottom left, tap on " TSS Center (SHSH & APticket) ". On the top, it'll show "SHSH: iOS" followed by a series of iOS versions. If you see 6.1.3, you're fine. 6.0-6.1.2 will not work because Saurik did not update the algorithm to check properly for APTickets. Check back after you've checked the SHSH blobs listed and we'll proceed from there.

I haven't used a Gevey since iOS 5 on the 4S. On the 4S it was baseband dependent. On the 4, it may still be dependent. If anything, you can preserve your iOS 4 baseband which will work with the Gevey, and just upgrade your iOS only instead of your iOS + baseband.

It'll still work on iOS 6 assuming you have iOS 6 blobs to restore to so that you can take advantage of it. Otherwise, you're forced onto 7.0.4.

Open up Cydia, go to the Cydia tab on the bottom left, tap on " TSS Center (SHSH & APticket) ". On the top, it'll show "SHSH: iOS" followed by a series of iOS versions. If you see 6.1.3, you're fine. 6.0-6.1.2 will not work because Saurik did not update the algorithm to check properly for APTickets. Check back after you've checked the SHSH blobs listed and we'll proceed from there.

I haven't used a Gevey since iOS 5 on the 4S. On the 4S it was baseband dependent. On the 4, it may still be dependent. If anything, you can preserve your iOS 4 baseband which will work with the Gevey, and just upgrade your iOS only instead of your iOS + baseband.

This is the result

https://www.dropbox.com/sm/create/IMAG0083.jpg

404 error. You have to share the link after you upload the image to Dropbox. Right-click on the image, then Share.

No iOS 6 blobs. The only iOS you can restore to now is 7.0.4, which does not have Gevey support. Or you have to keep your current iOS.

No iOS 6 blobs. The only iOS you can restore to now is 7.0.4, which does not have Gevey support. Or you have to keep your current iOS.

Hmm, so it's either this or factory unlock which is costing me approx 86 USD. According to the unlocker its registered to some Canadian network Rogers. And that costs 9000 pkr which equals to 86 usd. Can you suggest me any reliable online unlocking site? If that's not against the rules. I don't really understand if this unlocking business is right or wrong :D seems kind of neither black nor white.

Hmm, so it's either this or factory unlock which is costing me approx 86 USD. According to the unlocker its registered to some Canadian network Rogers. And that costs 9000 pkr which equals to 86 usd. Can you suggest me any reliable online unlocking site? If that's not against the rules. I don't really understand if this unlocking business is right or wrong :D seems kind of neither black nor white.

The only site that iPhoneForums can guarantee is ApplenBerry.com. I've used Chronic before. But overall, for an iPhone 4, it's not worth the trouble and money to get it unlocked JS.

Its not worth it because ios 7 lags? Does it lag even if all I do is text/call/check mail/whatsapp/tapatalk/facebook/twitter? (in short, no games) Or does it lag with bigger/graphic hungry apps?

Sent from my HTCSensation using Tapatalk

If you're not planning on jailbreaking or doing anything resource intensive, then there'll be a slight lag, but nothing that will bog down your device completely to the point where you can't use it, assuming you tweak the Settings so that your resource intensive aspects of the stock iOS are turned off such as Background App Refresh.

you lucky I think, Ive iphone 4 32gb simlocked softbank japan, i cant use phone untill now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk