What's new

Sim change ip3 to ip4

samkelly

Reaction score
I currently have a iPhone 3G with a go phone AT&T sim and just bought a iPhone 4 locked AT&T phone on EBay. Can I use that sim on my new IPhone 4.
Thanks in advance

I currently have a iPhone 3G with a go phone AT&T sim and just bought a iPhone 4 locked AT&T phone on EBay. Can I use that sim on my new IPhone 4.
Thanks in advance
If it is AT&T locked. You can use your AT&T sim.
Defiantly AT&T sim in AT&T lock.

Thanks, so I just have to cut my mini sim down to a micro sim and put it into my new iPhone 4, connect to iTunes, upgrade to ios5 and I am good to go?
Thanks Sam

contact att and they will replace it for you so you dont have to sit there cutting it, unless you would rater do it that way

I put the Ip4 in ITunes without the sim and it upgraded to Ios5 , then it asked me to for a sim and wants to register the phone. I removed it, put in my old go phone AT&T sim in and hit the on button and still asking me to register it. What should I do because I don,t want to go to an expensive plan.

Thanks in advance.

Replacing the sim shouldn't mean you needing to change your plan ring them state your handset was damaged along with chip so your using new phone & require mini chip for ip4 there should be no charge.

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

I failed to mention that When I put the Sim in the Ip4 it asked to unlock and it unlocked ok. Then it asked me to register it. I don,t know if that make any difference . I will try it in iTunes and see if anything changes.

Thanks in advance.

I hooked into ITunes and it is now restoring from backup of my old phone.?..?
Keep tuned lol. More to come.