What's new

Please help ive tried everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

t_time89

Reaction score
Right, i bought an iphone 4 from a person i do not know, sounds silly but seemed a genuine person and showed me the phone working and unlocked infront of him so i bought it because the price was right, at the time i had a blackberry so it went on the side and unused for a month maybe more, i decided to stop using the blackberry and wanted to get the iphone up and running with new sim/number etc. so i got it out and turned it on it was still workin fine just had no network coverage as the person canceled the sim/number the phone come with a sim which was 02 so i went out and bought a new 02 sim and a case lol. when i got home i (stupidly not knowing the result) plugged my phone into itunes and thought id update the phone to have the latest software, once done the phone told me my simcard was not valid and to insert original network sim so thinkin that was the sim the phone come with i put that back in but still got the same message, after going to my local apple store they told me the phone was bought in new york and the original network is at&t and the phone must have been jailbroken to be running on 02, so since then ive tried using the 'gevey' sim which i told would by pass any network...that did not work ive bought an at&t sim off ebay (as that was the original network)....that did not work either im still stuck on the usb to itunes screen and itunes will not even aknowlage the iphone is plugged in lol ive looked on the net but just can't get the right answer so any help would be appiacted as im starting to wonder if anything is possible or it is truly F****D thanks, Tom

Download redsnow and jailbreak it, after jail breaking the iPhone with redsnow check to know the iPhone baseband, is it's not one supported by ultrasnow then you will have no other choice than looking for stuff like gevey etc...

G'day & welcome to the FoRuM!!! :)