What's new

Hi im Ony. I've got a iPhone 3GS wich is coming up with authenticate MSG?

onymc

Reaction score
I bought a phone on orange from someone and had it unlocked to 02 network and as I wasnt using the phone I sold it to my friend however she tried to update it and wiped everything from fone, I no longer have original SIM card...gave my friend a grudged refund as it was her mistake, but now I'm wondering if I can get handset back to original state or atleast working again?? As now left with a handset that does nothing.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Hope you are able to find a workable solution to your issue...good luck!

Hi, welcome to iPhoneForums Ony. I'm Jon.

Please take some time to peruse the IPF Rules
: iPhoneForums.net Forum Rules - Please Read and Respect our Rules

Here are some guides that may suit your needs.
iPhone Tips & Tricks | What is jailbreaking? | Thinking of Jailbreaking but are not sure |Can I Jailbreak my iPhone on this iOS/Jailbreak Status Thread

My particular field of expertise is iOS Jailbreaking and Unlocking.

I would assume that your choice of method of unlocking was a backdoor unlock, since once she restored it in iTunes, the unlock was gone. We can't give you instructions on how to re-do that backdoor unlock since it's borderline illegal and is in the grey area. However, you other option is to use an interposer (depends if the specs of your device meets the requirements) or an IMEI unlock that can be done online or at a carrier. A trusted and guaranteed seller that iPhoneForum highly recommends is ApplenBerry. Below is the link to the list of available countries for an IMEI unlock. Just click on the country you reside in, and double check that your carrier is listed in the dropdown box in the center to make sure that the IMEI will work for your device.