What's new

Should I Upgrade to IOS 7

jae83

Reaction score
Hello Everyone

I really want to upgrade to IOS 7 but I am very hesitate after reading all the issues people are having. I have a IPhone 4S and I am currently using IOS 6.13. I have 16.2mb left out of 30Gb.

You thoughts are much appreciated. :)

Most of the complaints are because people don't like the new look of iOS 7. As I see it, you have three choices: (a) upgrade now, (b) upgrade later, or (c) keep hating the new look and realize you'll never have another iOS device because Apple isn't going to change it back. Sooner or later we're all going to either use the new look or end up buying a phone from another company.

Your right. I guess what am worried about is well is slow my device down and drain battery more then 6.13

Look at videos online, read the articles and see the pictures! Do you like what you see? Then YES, upgrade. If you don't like it, then stay with iOS 6. I agree with above comment, Other than people having issue with the new look, there are no other serious glitches. I haven't noticed any battery drainage either, other than its usual. Went to bed with 80% and woke up with 74%. Same I had with iOS 5 or 6. iOS 7 works smoothly and no issues for me and I'm on iPhone 4, which all expected to be crushing under the new iOS7.

Your right. I guess what am worried about is well is slow my device down and drain battery more then 6.13

Actually, my devices are slightly faster and battery life is still around 30 hours between charges.

I only upgraded to 6.13 on Monday !!
I'm waiting for an upgrade or two to come out before jumping :)

Actually, my devices are slightly faster and battery life is still around 30 hours between charges.

Yes!! I was just telling hubby that since the upgrade things are MUCH faster and battery life is still good. Not sure HOW, but I've noticed that my phone charges faster now. Login' this iOS 7!!!!

On my 4s everything is working pretty good on IOS 7. I was worried about battery life but it seems about the same.

It operates very smoothly.

Maybe ill change 5.1.1 for 7.0 then :). For me 5.1.1 is the best yet on my 4s. Ofcourse i didnt try 6.x.x versions. But i did try for 3.0 to 5.1.1 on 3gs.

so i did, ios7 is fast, looks good, but battery hungry. very very hungry. im talking wolfpack hungry :)

Turn off the background app refresh, some of the system location services you dont need and airdrop until you need it. Those made a HUGE difference for me. Now i get better battery than any os since 5.0.

Also ive read alot that the newest facebook update is a huge battery hog.

Hello Everyone I really want to upgrade to IOS 7 but I am very hesitate after reading all the issues people are having. I have a IPhone 4S and I am currently using IOS 6.13. I have 16.2mb left out of 30Gb. You thoughts are much appreciated. :)
. Don't do it! It is bad... Very bad.....it killed my sons phone and when I went in to see if I could back it off they told me I couldn't. Everyone at the store was there with dead batteries which they are blaming on something else of course and it drains some of my battery without me even using it! When you update your apps they just sit there...I keep hitting the flip up screen when I am searching things and I hate the calendar and the look of the screen. I am old so visually it is harder for me to see. I do like how you can delete the emails better though but that is certainly not worth the other problems!! Don't do it! If I could go back I would!

. Don't do it! It is bad... Very bad.....it killed my sons phone and when I went in to see if I could back it off they told me I couldn't. Everyone at the store was there with dead batteries which they are blaming on something else of course and it drains some of my battery without me even using it! When you update your apps they just sit there...I keep hitting the flip up screen when I am searching things and I hate the calendar and the look of the screen. I am old so visually it is harder for me to see. I do like how you can delete the emails better though but that is certainly not worth the other problems!! Don't do it! If I could go back I would!

Really? I have two iPhones and two iPads and my battery life is about the same - a little better on my iPad 4 and iPhone 5.