What's new

Should I Upgrade to IOS 7

i turned everything off, only phone is on :D. when i use wifi or data, battery is going like crazy. in standby its ok

I put iOS 7 on my iPad 2 last night and what a nightmare, it went into a cycle of crashing and rebooting, i couldn't turn it off as the red sllder wouldn't come up and i had no wifi, it wouldn't stay on long enough to put in my routers password, eventually it stayed on long enough for me to put in the password and reset it, it seems ok now, i was told installing the new IOS would have been better done through itunes rather that OTA with it being an older model so bear that in mind.

. Don't do it! It is bad... Very bad.....it killed my sons phone and when I went in to see if I could back it off they told me I couldn't. Everyone at the store was there with dead batteries which they are blaming on something else of course and it drains some of my battery without me even using it! When you update your apps they just sit there...I keep hitting the flip up screen when I am searching things and I hate the calendar and the look of the screen. I am old so visually it is harder for me to see. I do like how you can delete the emails better though but that is certainly not worth the other problems!! Don't do it! If I could go back I would!

I'm wondering if that's an "app" issue you're having and not really an iOS 7 issue. The reason I say this is because I have iOS 7 on all my devices and they are doing GREAT!! However, I had to use my sons later model iPod to access/use a feature in my mobile banking. I could access the app on my devices just not USE the features. This is an issue the bank needs to address so their app functions fully in iOS 7. I received an email from one of our business associates "suggesting" we not upgrade to iOS 7 because parts of THEIR app may not work properly. Really?? Like I'm NOT going to update iOS 7 which I've been waiting patiently for because THEY are having issues fixing their app?!? WHATEVER!! My response; how about YOU bring your app current and then I'll resume using it.

. Don't do it! It is bad... Very bad.....it killed my sons phone and when I went in to see if I could back it off they told me I couldn't. Everyone at the store was there with dead batteries which they are blaming on something else of course and it drains some of my battery without me even using it! When you update your apps they just sit there...I keep hitting the flip up screen when I am searching things and I hate the calendar and the look of the screen. I am old so visually it is harder for me to see. I do like how you can delete the emails better though but that is certainly not worth the other problems!! Don't do it! If I could go back I would!

Please think before you post.
Millions of users are having no issues with the upgrade to 7 every user has different apps and your issues may be because the apps you have have not been upgraded yet. My suggestion is simple down load the new manuals for what ever device you own which I may add are in the book store then make your own decision. By all means do your research and if you are confused or have issues we are here to assist. Majority of problems that users are having and have requested assistance on both iPad forums and iPhone forums are being resolved by following simple instructions. You cannot please every one when major upgrades happen regardless what platform you use ie windows,Mac, iOS Android or what ever is out there. Hope that helps