What's new

Short rant about Verizon not wanting to give what they promise

Buela

Reaction score
Just need to rant for a moment: It astounds me how frequently I have to go to battle with Verizon wireless just to get them to follow through with what they promised. I can't even imagine how many people they screw over because they aren't willing to challenge Verizon's saying, "oh, sorry, yeah we promised you that, but we decided to change things and so we're not going to do what we promised you."

Today's battle: When Verizon was about to switch to a metered data plan, I called and added the unlimited plan to my phone (even though it wasn't a smartphone) and asked them to verify that I would be able to transfer it to my smartphone once I was finally eligible to switch devices, which of course they did.

So today I try to order my iPhone and I'm told first, "oh, sorry, no you can't transfer the data plan." Then I'm told "well, we can order the phone for you then you can call back and ask for the new data plan to be transferred but we can't promise you anything." It took talking to four people, the last one a supervisor who had to check with HER supervisor for permission, together with many [calmly stated] threats of cancelling my plan entirely to get them to say, "yes, we promise we'll get the unlimited data plan onto your phone, as we originally promised."

I'm just frustrated that at least once or twice a year, I have some form of this battle with them. Earlier this year it was about the "new every 2" bonus -- when I renewed my contract, it stated that I'd get a $50 credit, then they decided to switch it to $30 despite what I was promised at the time of my contract. Again, only because I really persevered did I get that resolved.

People, if Verizon told you one thing then tries to do a switch-up on you, don't let them get away with it. Continue pushing until you talk to someone who has the authority to override their bait-and-switch policies and give you what you were promised.

Yea hate tht. Wait I can get unlimited data on my iPhone? Those liars.

No, you cannot get unlimited data on your iPhone unless you were grandfathered in on an existing contract.

It sounds like they added unlimited data to a dumb phone before verizon went to
tiered data plans. If that is the case I believe that they have to honor the unlimited data.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quicksilver7714 said:
tiered data plans. If that is the case I believe that they have to honor the unlimited data.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

That's right I don't even know why they would challenge that.

Yes, this is exactly what I did, and I was repeatedly assured that it would transfer to my smartphone once I upgraded, but if I hadn't pushed for it they would have not transferred it.

So Verizon gave you unlimited data on a phone that doesn`t use data.

How much did that cost a month -if you don`t use data .