What's new

Verizon or AT&T?

dotcomgirl

Reaction score
I've had AT&T for years now. I currently have an iPhone 4S with an unlimited data plan. I am planning to buy the iPhone 5S this month when it is released. My AT&T contract ends at the beginning of this October. Should I keep AT&T or switch to Verizon?

I typically use about 3-3.5 GBs of data per month. I would probably use more data that that even, but I am sick of AT&T throttling me after I reach 3GBs. That is not true unlimited if you ask me.

Even before I reach 3GBs, it seems that my service can be spotty and slow at times. Sometimes my iMessages don't even go through. I don't know if it's just because I have a slightly older iPhone or if it's the network or what. I don't live in a poor service area.

Should I switch to Verizon hoping to get better service or should I stick with AT&T to keep my unlimited data?

Verizon doesn't offer an unlimited data plan anymore, so you'd have to get a plan that reflects how much you use and budget yourself. The service is decent, I wouldn't say great as it influxes depending on area but there is a huge coverage base in the US as well as parts of Canada

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

AT&T offers unlimited ? They told me they don't
They don't offer unlimited data plans to new customers at the present time, but customers who were on the unlimited plan at the time they discontinued it were grandfathered and allowed to keep their unlimited plan if they adhered to certain conditions.

They don't offer unlimited data plans to new customers at the present time, but customers who were on the unlimited plan at the time they discontinued it were grandfathered and allowed to keep their unlimited plan if they adhered to certain conditions.

Ohhh ill keep it unlimited unless u really need to upgrade your phone

Dotcomgirl, I tried to start a contract with AT&T, but they said they didn't offer unlimited data plans. Have you ever heard of them saying that?

You can no longer get an unlimited plan with AT&T. The only way to have one is to be grandfathered in from having one before they stopped selling them.