What's new

Unlimited Data customer can't afford increase w\ No Data

Sierra

Reaction score
It obvious Verizon wishes to shed their unlimited data customers. We live in an area where data is MIA. Our Voice coverage is just okay (better than AT&T at least until they added a tower, so I assume their coverage for voice and LTE must have improved).

Verizon added $20.00 per line for no contract unlimited data customers. So now I pay $100.00 per month (2 lines) for something that still not available. VZ updated their map to show North Lake Tahoe NV is now fully served LTE.

No towers were changed or added, no LTE in most areas of town, and 3G usually switches to 1x when I have to use data due to power outage. Some of my neighbors have VZ and they too complain when the power is out because we can't use WiFi.

If you plan to visit Incline Village NV, forget about data unless you have AT&T (several of my clients have good LTE service here now, not sure about voice). in 2007 I left AT&T because they killed PCS which worked well all over Nevada. I couldn't make a call on my wife's Cingular GSM (AT&T's switched to the same network when 2 companies merged and yes Cingular was related to AT&T in the beginning).

Verizon opened a store in town about 3 months ago, I need to stop in and see how they sell "Non-Existent" Data plans. I wish I didn't pay full price for my iPhone 6 now that price increase forces me jump off my plan or just bail entirely.

I almost wish I didn't need a cellphone.