What's new

Unlimited Data

MikeV99

Reaction score
I am thinking about getting an iPhone for me and my wife. I have been looking at the Verizon 65 Plus plan. The Verizon unlimited data has an appeal. However, I keep hearing about June and the possibility of iPhone 5 (4G) and was thinking about waiting until then to see what happens. Yet, I am concerned that Verizon might drop the unlimited data plan. I would appreciate advice about what would be a good strategy.

Thanks.

Mike

there most likely will be a new phone in july time, so far every iphone has been released then but there has been rumours of a late release, usually i am quick to say they are lies the rumours but i have been wrong so i wont be quick to say the same about this one..

you could always buy the plan and use the sim only in another phone until june? or just go for it because there probably wont be much changes in the iphone 5..

if it was me i would wait but maybe you dont want to wait

a good strategy will be to wait until apple confirms the iPhone 5. then again that may be after Verizon drops the unlimited data. So I would just suck it up now.
unleashed Verizon is CDMA. no sim only gsm.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

ah yes sorry i forgot about that, no sim with verizon.

the thing is it will be until the 6th june, but i agree with Cali to wait if you can.

I would say dont hold your breath for the Iphone 5...

do what you want .. if iphone 5 comes out i am willing to bet tiered data comes with it..

I traded my 2 droidx's for iphones and not looked back since.. unlimeted data is a big plus for me..

Thanks all. I think the unlimited data may beat out the iPhone 5 gamble.

Regards.

how much do you even use a month? more then 8-9GB? you get plans that let you use like 7GB or more. i found with unlimited it was annoying, i was paying $15 a month for it and i kept wifi off and the 3g restrictions where really annoying, even with 3g un restrictor it was not very good because files over 20mb just download so slowly and then freeze, i end up having to use wifi any way, i exchanged my unlimited data for 1GB a month but the only difference is that i have unlimited wifi now. and i pay extra for it

Unleashed,

What carrier do you have with your iPhone?

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Unleashed,

What carrier do you have with your iPhone?

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

i use o2, but the one with the unlimited data was another network that no one has heard of that uses the o2 network

Wait for the iPhone 5

And I looked at my data for the past few months and i think i would have no problems being on a 2GB plan, most of the time I have wifi to use

Plus there is a very good chance there will be nice promos for the iPhone 5 and you would be kicking your self in 2 months for not waiting.

---
I am here: [ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.707717,-73.948803[/ame]
Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

I am thinking about getting an iPhone for me and my wife. I have been looking at the Verizon 65 Plus plan. The Verizon unlimited data has an appeal. However, I keep hearing about June and the possibility of iPhone 5 (4G) and was thinking about waiting until then to see what happens. Yet, I am concerned that Verizon might drop the unlimited data plan. I would appreciate advice about what would be a good strategy.

Thanks.

Mike
I rang up Verizon and there is not any unlimited data plan.

Sent from my iPad 4 128GB

Why are not these older non usable writings deleted? No reason to have things here that do not exist anymore. Should delete everything up until 2013.

Why are not these older non usable writings deleted? No reason to have things here that do not exist anymore. Should delete everything up until 2013.

This is a forum ****! Why would you ever delete anything?

Please use language that's respectful to other members when posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using English. How is asking a question not respectful?