What's new

Ringtones for iphone 4

Free iPhone Ringtones is a GREAT free sight. not sure if they have zactly what you want, but they have a lot. download to computer, drag to itune library, sysnce with phone. as easy as that!

Ok heres a twist. I had ringtones on my android phones sd card. Transfered them to computer, then to Itunes. They are now on the phone but listed under music. How can I get them to be ringtones? Thanks

Go into your iTunes Media folder > iTunes Music & locate the ringtone/song that you're refering too. Change the extension from .m4a to .m4r Then double click the song you just changed to .m4r and it will play in iTunes. This will move it to the ringtones folder.

I know this is the long way of doing this and that there are programs that'll do it for you. I've just become acustom to this way. :)

I'm new to the iPhone. I have the new 4s from sprint. My last phone was the htc evo and I used the tony sopranos ringtone. Does anyone know how I can convert that ringtone to my iPhone? I did a search for that ringtone here but found none. Thanks for any help that may come my way!

Tanker said:
I'm new to the iPhone. I have the new 4s from sprint. My last phone was the htc evo and I used the tony sopranos ringtone. Does anyone know how I can convert that ringtone to my iPhone? I did a search for that ringtone here but found none. Thanks for any help that may come my way!

Well...if you still have that ringtone...then save it to your desktop.

Then change the extension to ".m4r".

Then drag and drop to iTunes.

Then plug in iPhone.

Drag and drop the ringtone from iTunes to iPhone.

Zig, well I'm having problems trying to change it to the .mr4 format. Any help?
Edit to add: it saved to iTunes but to my music folder, so I can't get it into the tones folder? Thanks again for any help

Tanker said:
Zig, well I'm having problems trying to change it to the .mr4 format. Any help?
Edit to add: it saved to iTunes but to my music folder, so I can't get it into the tones folder? Thanks again for any help

If it saved into the music folder then perhaps the ring tone is too long...like more then 40 seconds?

You should use iTunes to shorten it...

Rite click on the ringtone.

Click "Get Info"

Click "Options".(I think).

You will see that you can add a start and stop time of the song. Make sure it's no longer then 30 seconds.
Click OK. To save change.

Now right click again.

Click "create AAC version".

After AAC version is created....drag the new ringtone.....to desktop.

Change to .m4r.

Drag back to iTunes.

I have absolutely no idea of that will work. But good luck.

Can you now get free ringtones from Zedge? I use to use that for my blackberry all the time..when I got my iphone last year, you coul;dn't use it for iphone..can you now?

Wow just got my iPhone and amazed how much work you have to do to make a ring tone. Android you just pick a song from your music and set it

I just make an m4r and use imtoo iPhone transfer to copy to phone. I use the imtoo ringtone maker to convert