What's new

Diy ringtones

Cringer

Reaction score
I have a load of ringtones I made myself m4r's only problem is that my ip4 only allows me to have 1 custom ringtone in the phone at any one time.

When I try to download a new one it just writes over the previous ringtone?

Is this normal? Or should it let me save several?

My 3GS let's me save unlimited ringtones. I haven't tried on my iPhone 4 yet. How did you create the ringtones?

Cut 30 sec clip out of a mp3 using goldwave

Put in iTunes and convert to aac

Drag the converted file back to my desktop and change file extension to m4r

Double click and sync.

That's the only way I know how to do it.

i would go with cringer's method. that's how i do mine. then add the .m4r ringtone files to your ringtones tab in itunes. then you should be able to get as many as you'd like.

Well my ip4 only allows 1 at a time. Has anyone else got this issue? I'm pretty sure my 2 let me store several?

just got my phone this weekend so complete neewbie....! having the same problem though...can only get one ringtone 'uploaded' to phone (shown as custom tone)...subsequent ones just overwrite. the tones are shown on itunes in the left hand side menu/tab under ringtones folder/tab but not the one across the top tabs. Also keep getting an error message (error 11556) when i try n create a ring tone from a purchased tune!

Any ideas on what i'm doin wrong??!!

I have like 6 old ones that I created for my 3GS and they all synced fine to my 4 so I know it's possible. I just drag and drop them into my ringtones folder.

Hi,

I have a bigger problem in that even when I create a ringtone as mentioned above and sync my phone, the ringtone is not showing up on my phone at all. Really annoying, only had the phone a week.

Can anyone suggest what i am doing wrong.

Thanks

got the same problem....
banner.png

Hi,

I have a bigger problem in that even when I create a ringtone as mentioned above and sync my phone, the ringtone is not showing up on my phone at all. Really annoying, only had the phone a week.

Can anyone suggest what i am doing wrong.

Thanks

Make sure you have the Sync checked under Ringtones tab when your Iphone is connected.

There is a program in Cydia called ToneFX , it allows you to use more custom tones

I use iRinger, its free and you can just run the application instead of saving it if thats what you prefer.

You use the audio files, mp3, saved on your computer already and then pick out an up to 30 second section and it automatically exports from iringer to itunes for you. Easiest and fastest with great UI and quality.

Enjoy

Hi,
Just joined this forum, found what I was looking for and tried one of the
solutions suggested. I downloaded and installed iRinger and "imported" the
.wav file I wanted for my ringer on my new iphone4. When you "export" it
to itunes, a Ringtones with phone icon shows up under Playlists.
Clicking on the the phone icon, the file was in the folder so I dragged it
to the Ringtones icon on my phone(connected to itunes)and it installed it
(synced it)right away. It does show up under Custom Ringtones on my phone, not in the alphabetic list with the other ringtones.
Works for me !

Thanks for the helpful forum !