What's new

Ringtones for iphone 4

Have you clipped the song to under 30 seconds? If they are appearing in your ringtones folder on iTunes then they should work. Have you set iTunes to sync ringtones? The option is in the phone menu after plugging it in...

Success! One thing that's not been mentioned, is to ensure the "Sync Ringtones" box is checked after itunes opens. Mine automatically 'unchecks' each time that itunes is shut down and must be re-checked, each time it opens.

Have you clipped the song to under 30 seconds? If they are appearing in your ringtones folder on iTunes then they should work. Have you set iTunes to sync ringtones? The option is in the phone menu after plugging it in...

gaz.... a sort of off-topic question regarding ringtones: does the Apple Store, or anywhere else you know, have ringtones that don't rely on "songs" as ringtones?? I'm referring to classic tones, the kind of default tones that come with the phone, as we had several years ago. I think (personally) that the use of songs as ringtones is quite lame, but that's me. Any ideas? Thanks.

There's ringtones app that is really easy to use and saves a lot of time for 59p. It allows you to make 30s ringtones out of any music on your iphone, so you can choose an intro, verse, chorus etc. Its ace!

gaz.... a sort of off-topic question regarding ringtones: does the Apple Store, or anywhere else you know, have ringtones that don't rely on "songs" as ringtones?? I'm referring to classic tones, the kind of default tones that come with the phone, as we had several years ago. I think (personally) that the use of songs as ringtones is quite lame, but that's me. Any ideas? Thanks.

Just noticed your post. You don't have to use music. You can use any sound clip you like and convert it into a ringtone. I don't know where you would get them. You would have to use google for that...

Hi. I want to download a few ringtones for my new iPhone. I really want the REAL music ones like a clip of Sweet Child of Mine by Guns n Roses, etc. Any website recommendations?

Thanks!

just as i mentioned in another post, why not use some iphone ringtone maker to set your own music as iphone ringtone

you can refer to the following guide, it applies to iphone 4/3gp/3g
3 Steps to Create your Own iPhone Ringtone

you even can use this software to make iphone ringtone more longer than 40 seconds
just following this guide How to make iPhone ringtone longer than 40 seconds

and i hope it helps more or less

I am really new to this phone. I just created a ringtone after following this: Create free iPhone ringtones using iTunes 8.0 video - CNET TV -- very helpful, so thank you. But how do I get my phone to recognize it. I go into sounds preferences and it just offers me the ringtones that came with the phone. I've synced the phone and I still don't know how to activate the ringtone. Thanks

I learned I had to click to sync the ringtones, which I did. Now it says the ringtone is too long to sync - it's 19 seconds! How can this not work??

Last edited:
I am really new to this phone. I just created a ringtone after following this: Create free iPhone ringtones using iTunes 8.0 video - CNET TV -- very helpful, so thank you. But how do I get my phone to recognize it. I go into sounds preferences and it just offers me the ringtones that came with the phone. I've synced the phone and I still don't know how to activate the ringtone. Thanks

I learned I had to click to sync the ringtones, which I did. Now it says the ringtone is too long to sync - it's 19 seconds! How can this not work??

why not try this solution http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/how-to-make-your-own-iphone-ringtones-with-bigasoft-iphone-ringtone-maker.html

Does it work on a Mac? Looks like it only references PCs.

for the mac just get audio editor.. all you do is use that to make the mp3 less then 30 seconds and then itunes to upload it..

itunes pretty much does it all apart from trimming the file down to 30 seconds

Is there an app for business type ring tones???? I would also like to know if there is anything for texts????